can anyone help?

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Shotgun Discussion > can anyone help?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-20-2011, 02:51 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default can anyone help?

i want to start a custom shotgun company.i was wonder if i have to register with the Canadian government.. also wondering if anyone knows and good sites to research building action,trigger assemblies and barrels.. looking for sites on box and stock locks and slide lock side by sides and there trigger assemblies, and barrels and stocks

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 03-20-2011, 03:07 PM   #2

Liked 31 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Are you talking about Black Powder Shotguns?

Oh, Welcome to the FTF, BTW!!

People get the government they deserve.

Old 03-20-2011, 05:42 PM   #3

no not black powder... and thank you glad to be part of this.talking about shelled shotguns start my gunsmiths course next month but i really want to build side by sides.. i fell in love with them as a kid when i was taken rabbit hunting with my dad and grandfather.just really looking for some research.. books or websites

Old 03-20-2011, 06:52 PM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 204 Times on 111 Posts
Likes Given: 12

You want to come fresh out of gunsmithing school and launch a business
building high end custom Side by Side shotguns? Please understand that
I say this with nothing but best wishes and all the love in my heart-----
your business plan has EPIC FAIL written all over it.

After you get out of school, go to work for an established firm. Given your
interests, look for one that "specializes" in shotguns. Side by sides are a very
small percentage of the overall shotgun market, but it will give you some hands on. If you have the skills (and many don't--SXS work takes some
special talents) then start growing a name for yourself. At some point,
when you feel you are READY--launch your own firm. But do some serious market research. There are probably not 3 custom manufacturers of SXS shotguns in the world making a living at it.
Sincerely, GOOD LUCK to you. I love old SXS shotguns from the era when they were works of art--even the field grade ones.

Old 03-21-2011, 10:11 AM   #5

thanks but i don't need this to make a living i already do that with my other business. i am doing this for the passion .. i never said i would start it right out of gunsmiths school. there is and older English gentlemen that owns a business restoring vintage firearms by me that's where i would like to start.. but a plan needs research and now is better then later. so again website or books anyone can point me to would be great thank you