Buying Firearms on a Military instalation
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Shotgun Discussion > Buying Firearms on a Military instalation

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-01-2011, 05:48 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Buying Firearms on a Military instalation

Does anybody have any words of wisdom when it comes to buying firearms from a PX? I havent gone in a while so I havent seen what there is to offer but just curious.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 12-01-2011, 06:37 AM   #2

I'm just glad they're selling at PX's now!

...but I have noticed they fall right inline with jacking up prices in gold old AAFES fashion.

I'm an FFL holder, and I was "window shopping" for the guns at the BX at Barksdale AFB in Shreveport. My main supplier is right there in Shreveport (Sports South, INC), and the BX uses them, too. I was a little surprised their markup was as much as it was.

-=Jerry A. Goodson=-

Tri-State Tactical
1010 N. Louise St.
Atlanta, Texas 75551
430-342-3376

http://www.3tactical.com

Old 12-09-2011, 05:44 PM   #3

Oh, man! I was raving about picking up a Plano 36" hard case for my M4 last week at Wal-Mart for $40.

Well, a couple of days ago, I went to the PX here at Ft. Knox, and I saw a lady put one of those SAME CASES in her buggy. I looked at the price tag. *GASP*

The SAME IDENTICAL CASE was $100 and some change!

I told the lady to go to Wal-Mart and get one for $60 cheaper!

I took the little sign display thing to the lady at the gun counter and told her about the price difference. She just kinda shrugged it off and said, "Well, I'll just send people to Wal-Mart to get one, then..."

I met up with opaww, and we went to Wal-Mart the next day... they had a stack of 'em for $38 and some change.

I couldn't believe AAFES was ripping off soldiers like that!

-=Jerry A. Goodson=-

Tri-State Tactical
1010 N. Louise St.
Atlanta, Texas 75551
430-342-3376

http://www.3tactical.com