Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Shotgun Discussion > buckshot vs. slugs for home defense

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-08-2013, 05:53 PM   #151
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 746 Times on 450 Posts
Likes Given: 402

i keep an ample supply of whiskey around for SHTF.

Old 11-08-2013, 06:16 PM   #152
Podcast Host/ American Patriot/DAV!
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 2820 Times on 1935 Posts
Likes Given: 564

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaF
Good point Axxe! I prefer an ar15 for home defense anyway. More rounds quicker follow up shots, mounted light and nice optics for low light were easy to add, less risk of stray rounds at longer ranges, and I can make as long of a shot as I will ever need to with it. Although it is definitely feasible for me to face a BG with backup. If I've arrested them, or they were around me when I worked at the county jail, they probably know better than to come around my house alone.
Catamount Fury Semi Auto AK pattern 12Ga. for me & the Mossberg SA-20 for the wife,..backed up by my Mini-14 & our Handguns.....500ft away is my pal the HOA Pres. who is also a Local PD Sgt......

Dr. Bill(Dr.Football)
CWO-4 US ARMY Ret./Med.
Proud to be a Soldier, Proud to be a Night Stalker!
The 160th Special Operations Aviation Regiment(S.O.A.R.) The Army's Taxi for Special Operators *NSDQ*

Old 11-08-2013, 06:24 PM   #153

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axxe55
and some people want to pose silly scenarios that make a person just say, WTF, were they thinking?
Maybe so Axxe,..but different folks have different ideas of what a situation may/might unfold. Some practice certain ones more then others. One my Wife and I practice is coming home to a Broken In House and the Dog Barking out his lungs! We've done this one with three different responses....

Dr. Bill(Dr.Football)
CWO-4 US ARMY Ret./Med.
The 160th Special Operations Aviation Regiment(S.O.A.R.) The Army's Taxi for Special Operators *NSDQ*

Old 11-08-2013, 06:25 PM   #154

Quote:
Originally Posted by sigman84
And Walmart has the 25 round boxes of that buckshot right now too. Only about $23 for the box and you can buy 3 of em!
When I bought the Fury II i also scored 2-250 rd. cases of Spartan 00 Buck..

Dr. Bill(Dr.Football)
CWO-4 US ARMY Ret./Med.

Old 11-08-2013, 06:35 PM   #155

Quote:
Originally Posted by sigman84
Its for shtf. Nothing lasts forever so I'd rather have it and not need it than need it and not have it!

True,..so true! never hurts to have "more then enough" because you never know when suddenly "it's not enough"!!

Dr. Bill(Dr.Football)
CWO-4 US ARMY Ret./Med.

Old 11-08-2013, 10:00 PM   #156

Liked 22 Times on 20 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrFootball View Post

True,..so true! never hurts to have "more then enough" because you never know when suddenly "it's not enough"!!
Ya and its not a matter of if but a matter of when. I'm not saying it will happen tomorrow or anything but it will happen.

Old 11-08-2013, 10:22 PM   #157
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 19974 Times on 11355 Posts
Likes Given: 50387

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrFootball View Post
Maybe so Axxe,..but different folks have different ideas of what a situation may/might unfold. Some practice certain ones more then others. One my Wife and I practice is coming home to a Broken In House and the Dog Barking out his lungs! We've done this one with three different responses....
well, people can either live life or worry about every possible "what if" and be miserable.

me, i take the best preparations i can get and try and go about my life in a normal manner. i am not going to waste time worrying about every little "what if" scenario that might happen once in a million. life is short enough and i plan on enjoying it as best i can.

i totally believe in when it's my turn to go, all those "what ifs" are pretty much irrelevent and weren't worrying about in the first place.

Old 11-09-2013, 02:52 PM   #158
Lifetime Supporting Member
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 7796 Times on 4504 Posts
Likes Given: 10052

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaF View Post
Anytime there's a disaster or civil unrest, looting happens. It's just not something you see on the news. I've seen it in person. It's ugly. Not a bad thing to prepare for. But you do need a lot more than buckshot.
Not always. After the 1989 Loma Prieta earthquake there was very,very little looting, and this includes in San Francisco, Oakland, San Jose and other cities known for high crime rates. In the outlying areas there was none.

Shoot me an email at vikingdad995@gmail.com

Check out the Firearmstalk Podcasts with Vikingdad and DrFootball! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/firearms-talk-podcast/id778007899

Quote:
"Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest."
- Mohandas Gandhi, an Autobiography, page 446.

Old 11-09-2013, 09:04 PM   #159
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1638 Times on 976 Posts
Likes Given: 806

Quote:
Originally Posted by nchunt101 View Post
i keep an ample supply of whiskey around for SHTF.
I can relate. I have neighbor who is an old 'hippie' and his only complaint when we were out of power for a week was he ran out of wine!!!

An armed society is not always a polite society, but it is a free and safe society!
Self Defense is an absolute and natural right!
Keep your head down and your powder dry!

Axxe55 Likes This