Buckshot for home defense - Page 4
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Shotgun Discussion > Buckshot for home defense

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-20-2013, 01:34 AM   #31
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 6751 Times on 3669 Posts
Likes Given: 5796

Good thing he missed. It would have been more expensive if he hit him then.

Old 07-20-2013, 03:10 AM   #32

Liked 305 Times on 168 Posts
Likes Given: 90

Maybe dial Rambo down a notch or two. My opinion, that is a million dollar miss.

And it might debunk the myth that racking the slide is not a form of home defense. Not that I am going to be racking slides to prove this in the future.

Old 07-20-2013, 04:02 AM   #33
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 21994 Times on 12402 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Originally Posted by LongBarrelTac View Post
He missed, according to him the guy started booking it out of the house at the first glimpse of the shot gun lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred_G View Post
So he shot at a retreating perp? Yikes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anna_Purna View Post
Good thing he missed. It would have been more expensive if he hit him then.
contrary to the popular myth, that as long as the body is all the way in the home, you're good. a dead body in your home with bullet wounds in the back could spell huge legal troubles. the cost of that flat screen tv ans some drywall, will be much less expensive than a lawyer and trial for murder or manslaughter. you might want to impress this upon your friend and inform him that he had better learn your state laws regarding SD in your state. or consider very seriously about getting rid of his firearms. he sounds like a hothead to me and not very much in control. bad combo when saddled with a gun IMO.

Old 07-20-2013, 04:12 AM   #34

Liked 29 Times on 15 Posts

Nah, if someone's broken into his home without his consent then that puts his wife and new baby girl and his one year old daughter in danger, I definitely don't blame him for taking a lethal approach to said danger with such things on the line in the room behind him.

Old 07-20-2013, 04:23 AM   #35
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 6751 Times on 3669 Posts
Likes Given: 5796

Quote:
Nah, if someone's broken into his home without his consent then that puts his wife and new baby girl and his one year old daughter in danger, I definitely don't blame him for taking a lethal approach to said danger with such things on the line in the room behind him.
you are missing the point. When the guy is turing away, the lethality has stopped. Even if Charles Manson was in his house, and the bullet holes were found in his back your friend would be in at least a 100,000 thousand dollar lawsuit. At the least.
Old 07-20-2013, 04:26 AM   #36

Quote:
nothing wrong with that. but if a BG in the home saw the shotgun and were beating feet out of the house, and he shot them, then he's buying himself a lot of misery which could put him in position of not being able to take care of them. it could cost him his freedom, the loss of his job, legal expenses, and his right to won a firearm, and quite possible a lawsuit that could cost him everything he owns. it's happened before.
Old 07-20-2013, 05:28 AM   #37

I agree but he has a whole different way of looking at things. I think he has a fear of someone breaking into his house and killing everyone he loves like he's seen in combat zones. He's been very troubled by those sort of things ever since he's been home. I personally wouldn't handle things the same way as he would but don't blame his reasoning if someone potentially dangerous is within your house. I think instead of having a talk about removing his equipment from the house, I'll instead take another approach and talk to him about ways to better secure the house so it doesn't happen again.

Old 07-20-2013, 05:33 AM   #38

Quote:
I agree but he has a whole different way of looking at things. I think he has a fear of someone breaking into his house and killing everyone he loves like he's seen in combat zones. He's been very troubled by those sort of things ever since he's been home. I personally wouldn't handle things the same way as he would but don't blame his reasoning if someone potentially dangerous is within your house. I think instead of having a talk about removing his equipment from the house, I'll instead take another approach and talk to him about ways to better secure the house so it doesn't happen again.
i really hate to sound critical, but there is the possiblity he might need the services of a professional counselor. irrelevent in how he looks at things, but how the law is looked at and applied. i almost hate to say this, but your friend might be one of those people better served not having firearms.

Old 07-20-2013, 05:52 AM   #39

Yeah I understand the concern in that area and he does see a military psychiatrist? Maybe there's a different title to it but essentially someone he can actually tell the more sensitive things about his tours to. I still trust him on the range, still an excellent shot etc.

Old 07-20-2013, 05:57 AM   #40

Quote:
Yeah I understand the concern in that area and he does see a military psychiatrist? Maybe there's a different title to it but essentially someone he can actually tell the more sensitive things about his tours to. I still trust him on the range, still an excellent shot etc.
being an excellent shot has nothing with his mental faculties or his mental health state. Google Charles Whitman. former Marine and was also an excellent shooter.