Browning HD Shotgun
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Shotgun Discussion > Browning HD Shotgun

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-25-2009, 03:49 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Browning HD Shotgun

We went to the local gun show yesterday - an entertaining way to spend a kind of rainy Saturday. One of the vendors there had a Browning shotgun in a home defense configuration - I didn't know Browning made anything like that. For the life of me I can't recall the model, but he said it was quite rare. I also can't seem to find it listed on Browning's web site.

It was a 12 ga pump, black synthetic stock, with a 20" barrel. So, the barrel is a little longer than the other models in this category, but the receiver is steel unlike the 870's alloy receiver. It loaded and ejected from the bottom.

Anyone have one of these or have an opinion about it compared to the 870?

Dave

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 01-27-2009, 12:11 AM   #2

Liked 36 Times on 30 Posts

That is the BPS stalker shot gun with a cut down barrel. As far as I know they never made one. If is so rare that Browning never made it. At least I can't find it in any gun book I have.

So I would think someone either bought a short after market barrel for it or they took and cut down one. Thus reducing the value to almost nil. What ever he was asking if it was over $200 for it I would not pay for it at all.

Old 01-27-2009, 02:36 AM   #3

I did a little more poking around on the web and found this on BudsGunShop.com: Browning HD Shotgun

Although this is the gun I was looking at, I still can't find it on Browning's site. It certainly looked like a new gun, still had a Browning sticker on the magazine. The guy at the show was asking $425, so his price wasn't great.

May be an interesting alternative to the 870 if you can get it for a fair price.

Dave

Old 02-01-2009, 07:32 PM   #4

Yeah, it's called the Browning Hi Capacity, and they will start shipping again in May....I ordered one and that's what they told me....WhiteWolf

Old 02-02-2009, 02:24 AM   #5

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cnynrat View Post
I did a little more poking around on the web and found this on BudsGunShop.com: Browning HD Shotgun

Although this is the gun I was looking at, I still can't find it on Browning's site. It certainly looked like a new gun, still had a Browning sticker on the magazine. The guy at the show was asking $425, so his price wasn't great.

May be an interesting alternative to the 870 if you can get it for a fair price.

Dave

it seems like all the shotgun manufacturers are offering more alternatives these days. This is the first I've seen of the browning. I just saw some nice looking remington 870's with OD stocks (not camo or black) and scopes for shooting slugs.