Browning Gold
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Shotgun Discussion > Browning Gold

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-10-2009, 12:05 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Browning Gold

My local gun shop has a new Browning Gold Stalker 3.5 inch on clearance because Browning discontinued that shotgun. It was $1099 and now on sale for $899. Any comments on this gun.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 05-12-2009, 12:12 AM   #2

Default any help?

Anyone think if this is a good deal or not. Any reviews on this shotgun. This gun interests me cause it is semi auto and handles 3.5inch shells. Any help would be awesome.

Old 05-12-2009, 12:22 AM   #3

Liked 1424 Times on 808 Posts
Likes Given: 1290

Check these out:

Browning Gold - Reviews on RateItAll
Shotgunworld.com • View topic - Browning Gold vs. Beretta Xtrema2
Browning 12ga BPS Review in Shotguns at Review Centre
Mississippi

http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/...ps18cfbeae.jpg

Get her dirty, then clean her so she starts to respect you. When her trust is complete, she will serve you well for a lifetime!

"...if doves shot back, there wouldn't be a need for a bag limit."
- orangello

Old 05-16-2009, 02:17 AM   #4

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Browning quality is hard to beat and at that price, go for it. Have had a few Browning autos over the years and currently have a Browning Silver. Injoy it, care for it and it will no doubt outlive you. Dogwalk

Old 05-16-2009, 03:57 PM   #5

Default Browning is a great gun

Browning Golds are great guns. Research how old it is though. They had some problems early on that were rectified. I wish I could find a Browning Gold because I'd buy one. They're very hard to find in my neck of the woods. I think anyone who owns one keeps it. At the very least, they're easy to sell.

Old 05-19-2009, 05:12 AM   #6

Default browning gold

The only new gun I've ever bought is my browning gold. However, it is a 3", not a 3.5", so keep that in mind.

I didn't clean off the cosmoline and it hung up the first couple of weeks if I didn't keep it oiled and I didn't like it at first. After 2 or 3 boxes of shells and a good cleaning, it absolutely never hangs up in any weather on ANY shells. I even shoot the crappy walmart special winchester universals and it never hangs up, period. It feels great, points great, and is my favorite shotgun. I really like it. Very nice recoil on it.

Negatives:
aluminum receiver that the shells nibble away at a little from the edge of the ejection port but it tapers off after a few boxes of shells and doesn't get a lot worse. It doesn't affect the reliability of the gun at all.

the wood cracked all over due to high humidity ---browning adimitted they had a bad run of wood, replaced it free, and I've had no more problems whatsoever with the new wood in any weather.

The barrel is kind of hard to pull out of the receiver but otherwise is a SUPER easy disassembly.

I think it was well worth the money (on sale at academy sports for $699) and I'm glad I bought it. I clean it about every 8-10 boxes of shells and have no problems with it. As far as cycling, it's as perfect as it can get. I'd like a steel receiver and a little different forearm design where it meets the receiver, as far as looks, otherwise it's perfect.

JBJ