Browning BT-99 barrel fitting?
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Shotgun Discussion > Browning BT-99 barrel fitting?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-13-2013, 08:16 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 706 Times on 376 Posts
Likes Given: 47

I'm looking at picking up a good used 1975 BT99 for my son to shoot trap with. It is a good price but is a fixed full choke barrel. I'm planning on a Precision Fix stock so it will fit and grow with him. I'm also looking at a new threaded barrel with choke tubes so he can use it from all distances. On the website for the barrel it stated that it will need fitting and head space stuff. How hard is that to do? I just want to be sure I don't end up with a $500-600 barrel that I can't do anything with.
Thanks all.

I hope I shall possess firmness and virtue enough to maintain what I consider the most enviable of all titles, the character of an honest man.
~George Washington

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 05-13-2013, 10:00 PM   #2
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 706 Times on 376 Posts
Likes Given: 47

Never mind. I just got a new one off of Gun Broker so no need for a new barrel.

I hope I shall possess firmness and virtue enough to maintain what I consider the most enviable of all titles, the character of an honest man.
~George Washington