Brownin BPS vs. Remington 870 Wingmaster

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Shotgun Discussion > Brownin BPS vs. Remington 870 Wingmaster

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-28-2011, 10:32 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Brownin BPS vs. Remington 870 Wingmaster

I really like both of these rifles, but I'm leaning torward the Wingmaster!! What experience do y'all have with either of these rifles? What would be your choice??

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 09-28-2011, 11:33 PM   #2

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Brownin BPS vs. Remington 870 Wingmaster
I really like both of these rifles, but I'm leaning torward the Wingmaster!! What experience do y'all have with either of these rifles? What would be your choice??
Kind sir: These do not appear to be rifles.

Be Well.

Old 09-28-2011, 11:53 PM   #3

Own both BPS kicks like a mule worse than the 870 with same loads. I called Browning and was told I was sensitive to recoil. EVERYONE in the hunt club either shot it once and gave it back or refused to shoot it, it kicked that bad! One of my friends in the hunt club got the BPS for X-mas only doff is his had28"bbl and mine had 30" bbl. His kicked as expected not like this mule of mine. Browning makes great guns but their customer non-service associates ruin their rep for me. I've bought 2 shotguns since and neither was a Browning cause of that guys snotty attitude.

Old 09-29-2011, 12:11 AM   #4

Liked 182 Times on 132 Posts
Likes Given: 184

I'm a huge fan of the 870 express simple, reliable, proven, also there's tons of extra part and things you can get for it.

"come on you sons of b***hs! do you want to live forever?" Sergeant Daniel Daly, USMC, Belleau Wood France June 6th 1918

"You can be as mad as a mad dog at the way things went. You could swear, curse the fates, but when it comes to the end, you have to let go" Benjamin Button

BE PREPARED

Old 09-29-2011, 06:39 AM   #5

Liked 132 Times on 102 Posts

I have owned multiples of both, and I do not think there have ever been better pump guns made - an I include the long lamented and long gone Model 12 and the Model 37 in that list. None of mine of either model have ever suffered the slightest hiccup. A half decently maintained Wingmaster or BPS will go a lot longer until it needs to visit a gun doctor. Those beloved hand fitted actions require those close tolerances to work right, and everything wears with use.
I prefer the ergonomics of the Wingmaster. The two guns feel very different, and I do not like the bottom loading through the magazine of the BPS (please spare us the tales of moving the fore end just a little to single load). I could care less where it ejects or where the safety is. But that's just me. My partner has been shooting a BPS for close to 30 years now and you couldn't pry it away from him.
Try to handle the model you are considering of both and see which one you prefer. Good luck.

What could have happened... did.

Old 09-29-2011, 08:16 AM   #6
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 21581 Times on 12248 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

i am partial to the 870 over the BPS. i have owned several 870"s, never owned the BPS, but have shot a few. i like both, as both are quality guns. but reasons come from having owned the remingtons. what is the price difference between the two? this could be the factor that makes your decision.

Old 09-30-2011, 11:45 PM   #7

**Shotguns

Old 10-01-2011, 12:07 AM   #8

Liked 11 Times on 10 Posts
Likes Given: 3

I'm going to go against the flow and state that even though I own 1 870, I highly prefer the BPS. Go handle both and see which fits YOUR needs better.

Sometimes you earthlings REALLY amaze me!

Old 10-01-2011, 12:18 AM   #9
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 141 Times on 91 Posts
Likes Given: 156

I had an 870 12 ga and my wife had a BPS Youth model 20 ga. They are both good shotguns. one a side shucker and th other a bottom shucker.

http://militarysignatures.com/signat...ember14888.png
Retired LE, M.P., Sr. M.P. Investigator, armorer, F.B.I. Trained Rangemaster/Firearms Instructor , Presently Forensic Document Examiner for D.H.S.