Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Shotgun Discussion > The Bridge Gun Company

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-14-2013, 01:00 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 29 Times on 20 Posts
Likes Given: 15

Default The Bridge Gun Company

Hey folks. I was given an old single shot top break shotgun 12ga. ser.no. A7345xx. On the barrel is The Bridge Gun Co. On the receiver it says Black Prince. Any info would be greatly appreciated. thanks in advance. Regards Dick

Ignorance is the most expensive commodity that you can own

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 08-14-2013, 01:09 AM   #2
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 8316 Times on 3595 Posts
Likes Given: 1280

BRIDGE GUN COMPANY Tradename used by Shapleigh Hardware of St. Louis, Missouri on shotguns made by Crescent Fire Arms Company.

The Crescent Firearms Company was founded in 1888 in Norwich, Ct. in a partnership between George Cilley and Frank Foster. Both partners held several patents for firearms manufacture and design. George Cilley had bought out Bacon Arms, which had gone out of business. The first gun Crescent Firearms Company produced was a side hammered, single shot, breakdown shotgun. They started producing double
barrel shotguns in 1891. In the 1920's, Crescent Produced a rare .410 gauge pistol. In 1929 Crescent Firearms Company merged with the N. R. Davis Firearms Company and was renamed as the Crescent-Davis Arms Corporation. This merger lasted 2 years and, due to financial problems, sold out in 1931 to the Savage Arms Company. Crescent Firearms Company held well over 100 trademarks and was known for selling their products under private labels to many stores, such as Western Auto, Montgomery Ward, Sears and others. Guns manufactured by the Crescent Firearms Company do not hold any value to collectors, though many of them hold a sentimental value from being passed down through generations in families.

http://www.thckk.org/history/shapleigh-history.pdf

What we have heah is.... failure to communicate.

Old 08-14-2013, 02:49 AM   #3

Liked 29 Times on 20 Posts
Likes Given: 15

Thanks for the info Shooter. This old topbreak did quite well at turkey shoots back in the 80's and 90'S. It belonged to a friend's uncle who recently passed away. My friend knew that I was into guns so he offered it to me. I insisted that he take something but all he wanted was that it go to a good home. I'll never sell it. Best regards Dick

Ignorance is the most expensive commodity that you can own