brass discs
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Shotgun Discussion > brass discs

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-14-2010, 11:37 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default brass discs

Hello to all I am new here. I am an avid hunter gun and treasure. I have a question that ties them both together. I found some brass discs on the bottom of a lake many of them were together in one small area At first I thought they were coin blanks because I found a token with a hole in it in the same spot the same size. also a pistol or small rifle hard to say very coroded. Anyway I spoted the same small brass discs in a display case at the cabale's in Wisconsin on Hwy 45. They were next to some old loading equipment and and old shot gun shell. I asked the people behind the counter what they were but no one could tell me what they were. I was woundering what the heck are these things? A brass disc shotgun load? Boy talk about a scatter gun! They are just about the same size as a dime.
I found them near the pistol So my story I made up on the way home is: A robber was holding up the resort I was diving in front of and he tryed to make a water getaway and the owner came out with a shotgun and a brass disc load and blew him out of the boat hence the gun and disc close together on the bottom of the lake! LOL

discs-web.jpg   rust-web.jpg  

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 02-15-2010, 12:24 AM   #2

Liked 132 Times on 102 Posts

Could be brass shotgun shells or rifle/pistol cartridges that have not yet been drawn. Or anything brass that was going to be later struck. Almost surely not shotgun shell projectiles. Really, really bad aerodynamics.

What could have happened... did.

Old 02-15-2010, 12:47 AM   #3

Are they blank with no markings on them?

NRA Endowment Member
The only criminal class native to the United States is Congress
Mark twain

Old 02-15-2010, 01:12 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabob View Post
Are they blank with no markings on them?
yup blank with no markings the thing in the center of the photo is a token same size but with hole. I think I saw a western that a cowboy shot a guy with dimes and said I gave him my $ 2 worth or how ever many dime's he put in the shotgun. Someone sugested they might be a trick shooter load as they shot in towns and did not want the projectiles to carey So I would think a load of these would stop pretty fast but the patern has got to be realy bad!
But if they did come out of a shotgun I bet it sounds cool vveeeeerrrrrrrrrrrr
LOL The key here is they had the same thing in the case at cabele's.
Joe