Best tactical shotgun?
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Shotgun Discussion > Best tactical shotgun?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-26-2011, 01:43 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 712 Times on 463 Posts
Likes Given: 1949

Default Best tactical shotgun?

Looking at some shotguns, I want one a tactical style, preferably semi auto but pump is fine.What would be a good one for the money? 12gauge.

I saw a benelli M2 super 90 on top shot last night, loved it but I'm just feeling the 1K price

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 08-26-2011, 03:14 AM   #2
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2721 Times on 1327 Posts
Likes Given: 1385

I would go with the Benelli if you go with an semi-auto. Otherwise I would go with the Remington 870-P which I also like very well. Extended Mag Tube Parkerized Finish, Flex Tab loading system. Check it out on line! One nice pump!

Old 08-26-2011, 05:20 AM   #3

Liked 776 Times on 449 Posts
Likes Given: 492

By tactical I assume you mean 18" barrel, 6+ capacity and black stock...no venting or choke. A Mossy 500 or Remmy 870 in 12 or 20 ga is well suited for basic HD. Both can be fitted with a pistol grip for better close quarter use and room sweeping. Basic HD doesn't require all the flexibility and ginger bread found with many of the specialized field or trap guns...semi-auto is also not a requirement, in fact many prefer the simplicity and reliability of a basic pump gun for HD use. YMMV

"The whole of the Bill (of Rights) is a declaration of the right of the people at large or considered as individuals.... It establishes some rights of the individual as unalienable and which consequently, no majority has a right to deprive them of." (Albert Gallatin of the New York Historical Society, October 7, 1789)

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." - George Washington

Old 08-26-2011, 04:15 PM   #4

Liked 112 Times on 78 Posts
Likes Given: 86

Well... maybe he just wants a nice tactical shotgun. The 870 or Mossberg 500/590 tends to be what you find in a LOT of police/military units and because of their popularity have many accessories available. To get you're perfect zombie gun, you'll probably want to kit it out yourself with exactly what you want.

My zombie gun would have a pretty large bayonet and collapsible stock and a chopped down side saddle to hold 2 slugs. I don't like the big saddles, so I would still use a sling pouch to hold my shells. 20" barrel.

Old 08-26-2011, 05:36 PM   #5
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 757 Times on 449 Posts
Likes Given: 477

Quote:
Originally Posted by tCan View Post
Well... maybe he just wants a nice tactical shotgun. The 870 or Mossberg 500/590 tends to be what you find in a LOT of police/military units and because of their popularity have many accessories available. To get you're perfect zombie gun, you'll probably want to kit it out yourself with exactly what you want.

My zombie gun would have a pretty large bayonet and collapsible stock and a chopped down side saddle to hold 2 slugs. I don't like the big saddles, so I would still use a sling pouch to hold my shells. 20" barrel.

Now I'm gonna probably appear dated or like Rip Van Winkle
just wake up from a twenty-year nap. But what in tarnation
is a Zombie gun? I've been hearing and seeing many references
made to zombies. The only zombies I've ever encountered were
crackheads. Anyone wish to enlighten me here. Thanks!

Old 08-26-2011, 07:03 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by tCan View Post

Right on the money, thats about what I'm looking for, a zombie gun. BTW a zombie gun from my understanding, is a gun that would work well in an undead overrun situation. Meaning if it'll work for that, it would be great for about any situation.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Old 08-26-2011, 07:32 PM   #7

Liked 11 Times on 8 Posts

Kal-Tek's 14+1 shotgun. Two feed tubes. Looks like it's from Halo.

Your taste buds can't repel flavor of this magnitude!

Old 08-26-2011, 08:57 PM   #8

Liked 184 Times on 134 Posts
Likes Given: 185

Winchester model 1897 trenchgun with the Bayonet

"come on you sons of b***hs! do you want to live forever?" Sergeant Daniel Daly, USMC, Belleau Wood France June 6th 1918

"You can be as mad as a mad dog at the way things went. You could swear, curse the fates, but when it comes to the end, you have to let go" Benjamin Button

BE PREPARED

Old 08-26-2011, 09:17 PM   #9

Liked 20 Times on 14 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toll13
Kal-Tek's 14+1 shotgun. Two feed tubes. Looks like it's from Halo.
You mean the Kel-Tec KSG.

Old 08-26-2011, 09:25 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by 40calcliffy View Post
You mean the Kel-Tec KSG.
Saw it, immediately wanted it. Then I saw it was a pump... There is no way a design like that should be anything less than semi auto. Now that trench gun with bayonet would be awesome, if you could find one reasonably priced - somehow I doubt it

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ