Best shotgun for a first time owner? - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Shotgun Discussion > Best shotgun for a first time owner?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-12-2011, 07:44 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Get a Remington Express 870 in 12 ga. You will not go wrong. With light loads it is a dream to shoot. You can hunt with it and is very versatile gun.

On a other note my wife wanted a cheap shotgun to shoot clay's and hunt with. After looking for cheep shotguns she went and bought a new Benelli for $1,500. Ouch!!!

“There are hundreds of millions of gun owners in this country, and not one of them will have an accident today. The only misuse of guns comes in environments where there are drugs, alcohol, bad parents, and undisciplined children. Period.” Ted Nugent

Old 08-14-2011, 07:54 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by 007BondJamesBond007
Get a Remington Express 870 in 12 ga. You will not go wrong. With light loads it is a dream to shoot. You can hunt with it and is very versatile gun.

On a other note my wife wanted a cheap shotgun to shoot clay's and hunt with. After looking for cheep shotguns she went and bought a new Benelli for $1,500. Ouch!!!
Wow! $1,500??? She must have had second thoughts, or liked what she saw.

Old 08-14-2011, 07:57 AM   #23

Quote:

Oh and il check that 870 out. Im probably gonna have to wait for a gun show near me though. Is there a way to find out when and where one would be happening online?

Old 08-14-2011, 10:55 PM   #24

Im going to say Mossberg or Remington 870 good reliable guns, I love mine but look around and ask around look at used guns as well

Old 08-15-2011, 02:10 PM   #25

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustAnotherGunLover View Post
Wow! $1,500??? She must have had second thoughts, or liked what she saw.
She couldn't find one to fit her right. The youth guns were to small and didn't come in 12 ga. She could not work a pump and O/U was too heavy. She learned that get one you like and fits you best.

I bought a Benelli M2 for the reason it came in a left hand model. I hate shells flying across my face. I still love the old stand by 870 for turkeys and other dangerous critters like squirrels.

“There are hundreds of millions of gun owners in this country, and not one of them will have an accident today. The only misuse of guns comes in environments where there are drugs, alcohol, bad parents, and undisciplined children. Period.” Ted Nugent

Old 08-20-2011, 08:19 PM   #26

Quote:

She couldn't find one to fit her right. The youth guns were to small and didn't come in 12 ga. She could not work a pump and O/U was too heavy. She learned that get one you like and fits you best.

I bought a Benelli M2 for the reason it came in a left hand model. I hate shells flying across my face. I still love the old stand by 870 for turkeys and other dangerous critters like squirrels.
Oh alright, i see your point. That actually makes alot of sense.

Old 08-21-2011, 01:14 AM   #27

Winchester 1300 is my guy.