Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Shotgun Discussion > For Benelli Vinci Owners

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-12-2011, 05:01 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Default For Benelli Vinci Owners

Have a new Vinci for the upcoming upland season. Have been reading on the net about a "break in" extended period to get the Vinci running properly. Fact or cyber fiction??? Some claims out there from zero rounds to a thousand. I have never had to burn a bunch of rounds to get any semi auto firearm to properly funtion. Please let me know how you got along with a fresh Vinci. Thank You

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 08-26-2011, 06:06 PM   #2

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Did not get any replies, guessing not a huge amount of these sold yet. This is for the ones that did open the post up and checked it out. Was able to take the vinci out and run about 75 rounds thru it shooting some clay. Had one hang up in that amount of rounds. The chamber round fired, but did not correctly chamber the following round. Note - I was on private ground not at a range where I would only chamber one round at a time. The vinci is a little fussy on making sure you push the final round well in when loading it. Possible I failed to do that on the one hang up. Time well tell when I get familiar with the shot gun. It does have a fair amount of recoil even with the light field loads I was using, no suprise here as it is a very light gun. So far pretty much what I anticipated, some positives and a few cons. should be able to burn a few more rounds this weekend.

Old 09-14-2011, 02:59 PM   #3

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Have burned quite a few rounds shooting clay and doves. My experience is a Vinci will run fine fresh out of the box. For my use so far, it is an upgrade from the SBEII, I traded in for the Vinci. It is lighter, swings smooth, and even new, cycles better with less cleaning and lube then my SBEII did. It comes at a slight cost of a little more recoil. I very seldom goose hunt and only get a couple of turkey tags each year, so most of my loads will be very manageable. Shot a buddies hot load 3" shell he claimed it was 1700 ft. per second round, OK once, I don't know about all day in a blind though.