Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Shotgun Discussion > Benelli Vinci

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-20-2010, 12:07 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Benelli Vinci

I am in the market for a new dove duck pheasant shotgun and i found a vinci that i am wanting to buy, but i wanted to research it some before i bought it. Can yall give me any insight or negativity towards this shotgun. The one i want it 12 gauge 28" barrel in camo.

Thanks
Travis

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 06-20-2010, 04:29 PM   #2

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Default Reply on the Vinci (a masterpiece)

What you are wanting to buy is basically Binelli's newest & state of the art shotgun.They spent a lot of time developing this weapon & from my reading on it's review in The American Rifleman,you can expect a gun with very low recoil,very comfortable & generally just an awesome gun. Just think of it this way, you really can't go wrong buying one of their guns, especially one that is changing how alot of manufacturers look at shotguns period. My only holdback would be the slightly impressive price tag, it's not really horrible for what you are getting, but I couldn't afford to run out & just pick one up, not that I wouldn't given the disposable revenue. Good luck to you brother. It may help to read that review in T.A.R. that I mentioned, another shotgun you may want to check out is the Remington Nitro Mag. It also seems to have a bulletproof reputation as far as shotguns go. Hope this helps bud.

Old 06-21-2010, 01:12 AM   #3

Yea im pretty set on getting this shotgun.

Old 06-21-2010, 12:53 PM   #4

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

It's extremely light, and from what I've been told it has very little recoil. The major drawback for me is the Vinci is chambered for 3", so no 3 1/2" shells for goose. I shouldered one, and it felt great, but I'll wait to see if they make one with a 3 1/2" chamber.

Old 06-21-2010, 03:22 PM   #5

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by suprdave View Post
It's extremely light, and from what I've been told it has very little recoil. The major drawback for me is the Vinci is chambered for 3", so no 3 1/2" shells for goose. I shouldered one, and it felt great, but I'll wait to see if they make one with a 3 1/2" chamber.
That's a good point ,I didn't remember that from reading the article on it. Do you own one, & how do you like it next to the Nitro Mag?

Old 06-21-2010, 03:41 PM   #6

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatchet8 View Post
That's a good point ,I didn't remember that from reading the article on it. Do you own one, & how do you like it next to the Nitro Mag?
No, I don't own one, and that's the exact reason I don't own it! I love "reaching out" with the 3 1/2" loads. I haven't fired a NM, so I can't give you a range report on it. Sorry for the LACK of help I've provided!

Old 06-21-2010, 09:04 PM   #7

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by suprdave View Post
No, I don't own one, and that's the exact reason I don't own it! I love "reaching out" with the 3 1/2" loads. I haven't fired a NM, so I can't give you a range report on it. Sorry for the LACK of help I've provided!
No problem just curious to get a shooters point of veiw.

"Never argue with an idiot; they'll drag you down to their level, and beat you with experience." ~

Old 06-21-2010, 11:23 PM   #8

I dont nearly ever have a need for 3.5" shells, i stick to mainly 2.75 for almost anything but waterfowl ill load 3"

Old 06-22-2010, 03:11 AM   #9

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatchet8 View Post
Well sounds like you've found your gun. Good luck with it & let me know hoe it works out for you.

"Never argue with an idiot; they'll drag you down to their level, and beat you with experience." ~

Old 06-22-2010, 03:12 AM   #10

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by t-rav View Post
I dont nearly ever have a need for 3.5" shells, i stick to mainly 2.75 for almost anything but waterfowl ill load 3"
Well sounds like you've found your gun. Good luck with it & let me know hoe it works out for you.