Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Shotgun Discussion > Benelli v. Remington v. Tristar

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-11-2010, 11:15 AM   #51
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeehs View Post
I have a Bad feeling about this, But SuperDave I have to Disagree with you. The Remington 870 the BEST PUMP ACTION SHOTGUN IN THE WORLD (Followed by the Moss 500).
On an unrelated note, Remington is one of the best gunmakers in the the world.
Military thinks so too, 870 (M870) and Model 700 Bolt-action Rifle (M-24 SWS and M40-A seires.) have Variants currently in use today, Sure the Benelli has a variant(M1014) but the Remingtons have more uses, and Are Issued to the Standard Soldier.

Remington Has no need to hire the "Best" Shooters in the world to show off their products because everyone knows, YOU CAN'T BEAT A REMINGTON.

So, SHUT UP SUPERDAVE WE GET YOUR POINT AND DONT AGREE SO BE MATURE AND SHUT YOUR FACE. Please excuse me for that.
Listen here. The only person that I have EVER expressed my opinion to is UnderFire. Why did you decide to open up your "money-maker" to me? I have a certain talent...a set of skills...that if you really want to get into a flame war, I will use upon you. Shock and awe will render you useless for this board. You make the choice...

Old 03-11-2010, 05:16 PM   #52

Default Disappointed

well here is my .2 Both Benelli and Remington put out great guns, this is a fact! not option not conjuncture fact. Its like comparing Honda and BMW. Yes both make great cars, if you can afford to get a Benelli go for it they are beautiful, well made shotguns. How ever if you are like me, poor college student, or just simply want a reliable, inexpensive shotgun get a Remington. You can't go wrong with either, both companies make outstanding guns. It really up to you and in the end it doesn't matter what all the fan-boys say. Try both and pick the gun that fits you, not underfire, not suprdave, not some other guy, you.

P.S. the title of this thread is directed on the behavior on some of the people in this thread, I know this is the internet but take that kind of slanderous, inconsiderate and frankly unnecessary BS elsewhere.

Old 03-11-2010, 06:51 PM   #53

well superdave i guess none of those remington guys can answer my question about why remington feels the need to build a new shotgun more like a benelli or maybe they could answer the question but that would mean they would have to admit that benneli produces the the superior shotgun. And remington is playing follow the leader I would mention semi autos but we both know thats a area that the remington guys dont even want to talk about.

Old 03-11-2010, 07:25 PM   #54

I have a 870 and two Supernovas and im here to say that the 870 doesnt come out of the safe anymore. I like how the Benelli shoots over the 870, i like the looks over the 870 and i like the magazine cutoff.

Old 03-11-2010, 07:40 PM   #55

Liked 10 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 3

I'll throw the Browning BPS out there as an excellent shotgun. I've owned Benellis, Remingtons, Berettas, Winchesters, Mossbergs, and Brownings and prefer the BPS in regards to pump action shotguns. Now if we're talking semiautos I prefer Benellis.

Sometimes you earthlings REALLY amaze me!

Old 03-11-2010, 07:52 PM   #56

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

I wasn't trying to get everyone fired up. I just stated my opinion. My opinions have always rubbed some folks(fanboys) the wrong way. I actually like Remingtons, but I like my Benelli's more. My opinion...

Old 03-11-2010, 07:53 PM   #57

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by stalkingbear View Post
I'll throw the Browning BPS out there as an excellent shotgun. I've owned Benellis, Remingtons, Berettas, Winchesters, Mossbergs, and Brownings and prefer the BPS in regards to pump action shotguns. Now if we're talking semiautos I prefer Benellis.
I've never fired a BPS. I'm going to have to try one.

Old 03-11-2010, 09:08 PM   #58

Get a Tristar! j/k...hahaha

Old 03-13-2010, 05:22 AM   #59

Default v. = versus: against, opposing factor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gyro13 View Post
Try both and pick the gun that fits you, not underfire, not suprdave, not some other guy, you.

P.S. the title of this thread is directed on the behavior on some of the people in this thread, I know this is the internet but take that kind of slanderous, inconsiderate and frankly unnecessary BS elsewhere.
That's some pretty strong accusations. I for one would like to know where I make any comments injurious to someone's reputation or well-being. Please quote them-
Funny you do the same thing that you accuse us of.

Look, you're new...
You have to understand our (suprdave & UnderFire) history to see where all of this stems from. Suprdave & I are alpha males and lock horns from time to time. We're thick skinned and out spoken enough to say what's on our minds. No, I wouldn't throw any dogs into our fights. We (suprdave & I) sure don't need you coming in here playing moderator. This board has the best Mods in the league.
Another thing look at the topic heading the v. between the named mfgs equals versus: against/two or more opposing factors. You being a college student should understand that.
I missed your intro so I will welcome you here. Welcome & enjoy the ride.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stalkingbear View Post
I'll throw the Browning BPS out there as an excellent shotgun. Brownings and prefer the BPS in regards to pump action shotguns.
Bear,
Like always you're right on target.
I've shot many rounds through a Browning BPS. Great pump system with bottom ejection. Very nice indeed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidTurley View Post
Im still waiting for the remington fans to tell me why remington is now trying to build shotguns like benelli because theirs no denying the 887 nitro mag was desinged to be like the benelli nova pumps
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidTurley View Post
i guess none of those remington guys can answer my question about why remington feels the need to build a new shotgun more like a benelli or maybe they could answer the question but that would mean they would have to admit that benneli produces the the superior shotgun. And remington is playing follow the leader I would mention semi autos but we both know thats a area that the remington guys dont even want to talk about.
Dude, you continue to go on & on repeating yourself 3 or 4 times.
I'll play, but start a new topic. Use facts not personal preference in the OP.

To everyone-
I have not once said anything negative about Benelli or the Nova shotgun.
There has been no deleted threads so re-read my threads. If I edited them compare the edits you won't find a negative comment about Benelli/Nova.
The 870 is the gun that defines pump action.

Last edited by UnderFire; 03-13-2010 at 05:46 AM.

Old 03-13-2010, 07:52 AM   #60

"Look, you're new...
You have to understand our (suprdave & UnderFire) history to see where all of this stems from. Suprdave & I are alpha males and lock horns from time to time. We're thick skinned and out spoken enough to say what's on our minds. No, I wouldn't throw any dogs into our fights. We (suprdave & I) sure don't need you coming in here playing moderator. This board has the best Mods in the league.
Another thing look at the topic heading the v. between the named mfgs equals versus: against/two or more opposing factors. You being a college student should understand that.
I missed your intro so I will welcome you here. Welcome & enjoy the ride."

Well i will give you that i am new and don't know all this history and I was overly critical and yes I apologize for my rudeness that was uncalled for on my part. BUT after reading the posts of you guys (suprdave & underfire) beating your chests and lock horns as you put it, it got old and quite frankly I think that belongs in your guys own thread not someone else's. Yes im not a mod nor did i at any point claim to be. I'm not trying to mod your fight hell i don't care if you beat each other over the head with 2x4s but if its off topic and not in anyways constructive for the thread take it some where else.

Examples of the off topic "BS" i was referring to.

"You're soo predictable I figured you'd show up. What's next a little immature name calling?Re-read our debate, it was about you trash talking 870's. Not comparing the two. The discussion has now turned to comparison. So go away dave." - underfire

"I'd love to re-read it, but you had to go tell on me. All of the posts were deleted. I'm glad you're being mature about this. I'm just trying to save Dave a slap on the wrist...because we both know you'll find something on him to tattle about." -suprdave

"No dave, you're wrong like normal. There's no deleted threads here. What you're talking about happened in the "Bunker". And no again, I didn't "tell" I could care less. Dillinger saw the mess and deleted the threads. Your slap came because of your name calling. Good-Bye Dave" - underfire

Ect...

All that said your right I am not a mod so you two have at it, as childish and immature as it may be.

P.S. I really should not have said anything, referring to my first post, but it was late i was tired, but i really was interested in the whole Benelli vs Remington debate and having to read the posts of you guys arguing put me off. Again I do apologize for that first post i went too far as i was a little perturbed when i wrote it.

Last edited by Gyro13; 03-13-2010 at 08:13 AM. Reason: Added P.S.

Closed Thread