Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Shotgun Discussion > Benelli Supernova Tactical for Trap & Skeet

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-31-2011, 04:49 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Benelli Supernova Tactical for Trap & Skeet

I am looking at getting an all purpose shotgun since I am new to shooting and want one for SD as well as for shooting trap & skeet. Will the Benelli Supernova do the job? I am pretty sold on the gun for SD but want to make sure it will be serviceable for the shooting sports.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 12-31-2011, 07:35 PM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1174 Times on 654 Posts
Likes Given: 472

Assuming you can change chokes, you should be able to shoot skeet with this gun.

You could always pick up an extra barrel for trap & skeet. Short barrels are great for HD and turkey hunting. However a longer barrel provides a better sight radius, follow through etc. for wing shooting. High end trap guns often have 30 inch barrels. But a 26 or 28 will bust clays.

Old 12-31-2011, 11:36 PM   #3

Liked 46 Times on 31 Posts
Likes Given: 244

It could but it wouldn't be ideal. Especially if it has a pistol grip and a shortened barrel. That and benelli barrels are expensive. Its a great HD gun however. I'm currently looking into one to have around as I don't really have any shorter barrel shotguns and I love the action of the benelli.

Woe to those who make unjust laws and to those who issue oppressive decrees. -Isaiah 10:1

Blaming guns for death is like blaming forks for obesity

Last edited by gmaster456; 01-01-2012 at 12:43 AM.

Old 01-01-2012, 12:45 AM   #4

Liked 20 Times on 17 Posts
Likes Given: 72

wich gun do want most the right tool for the job to start buy a 870 express or 500 for hd. may work for trap also with the right barrel for skeet a pump will work but will put you at a disavantage prob cost you 5 birds a round