Benelli SuperNova? - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Shotgun Discussion > Benelli SuperNova?

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-23-2009, 08:17 AM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Dr. Marneaus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 355
Liked 73 Times on 38 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2hot2handle View Post
Wow nice price man, any one who is looking for one should nab that up fast. What is that piece of equipment you have on the end?
It's got a muzzle break and a barrel shroud. Muzzle break for "reduced" felt recoil but it helps more by weighing down the end of the barrel, less barrel whip.

Barrel shroud is technically for heat shielding, but i added it to stiffen the barrel. Mini's are notorious for crazy patterns once they warm up, so its along the same lines of a barrel strut.

Is that what you were asking?
__________________
If guns kill people, then pencils misspell words, cars make people drive drunk, and spoons made Rosie O' Donnell fat!

Andrew - Landscape architecture student. Not landscaper
Dr. Marneaus is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 02:53 PM   #22
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Colorado
Posts: 802
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus View Post
It's got a muzzle break and a barrel shroud. Muzzle break for "reduced" felt recoil but it helps more by weighing down the end of the barrel, less barrel whip.

Barrel shroud is technically for heat shielding, but i added it to stiffen the barrel. Mini's are notorious for crazy patterns once they warm up, so its along the same lines of a barrel strut.

Is that what you were asking?
Yeah thats what I wanted to know. Did you make that yourself or was it manufactured? I want to know because I want one for my Mini-14 NRA edition, but it has a thicker barrel near the forearm than at the front sight. So I was unsure as to whether or not a factory one would work on it.
__________________

The truth will set you free, but first it's going to piss you off.

"Time to nut up or shut up." - Tallahassee

"Life is tough, it is even tougher if you are stupid." - The Duke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duddn View Post
I'm a man, I see it as my obligation to like guns. And they are just so fun.
2hot2handle is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 02:55 PM   #23
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
matt g's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 3,885
Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus View Post
asking 600, with all the mags (2 ruger 5ers, 2 stainless 20 round, and 3 ploymer 30 round) and ammo i have (325 rounds)
PM sent .
__________________

"'Did you ever wonder why we had to run for shelter when the promise of a brave new world unfurled beneath a clear blue sky? "
Roger Waters

Vote freedom, join the Libertarian Party.

matt g is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 06:04 PM   #24
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Dr. Marneaus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 355
Liked 73 Times on 38 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2hot2handle View Post
Yeah thats what I wanted to know. Did you make that yourself or was it manufactured? I want to know because I want one for my Mini-14 NRA edition, but it has a thicker barrel near the forearm than at the front sight. So I was unsure as to whether or not a factory one would work on it.
I bought it, they are damn hard to find though, took some searching on gun broker to fine one that was stainless and not blued.
__________________
If guns kill people, then pencils misspell words, cars make people drive drunk, and spoons made Rosie O' Donnell fat!

Andrew - Landscape architecture student. Not landscaper
Dr. Marneaus is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 06:07 PM   #25
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Colorado
Posts: 802
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus View Post
I bought it, they are damn hard to find though, took some searching on gun broker to fine one that was stainless and not blued.
Alright thanks for the info
__________________

The truth will set you free, but first it's going to piss you off.

"Time to nut up or shut up." - Tallahassee

"Life is tough, it is even tougher if you are stupid." - The Duke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duddn View Post
I'm a man, I see it as my obligation to like guns. And they are just so fun.
2hot2handle is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2009, 09:02 AM   #26
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
ItsmeShane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 303
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default

that supernova is nice, I like it.

__________________
ItsmeShane is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 08:34 PM   #27
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Dr. Marneaus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 355
Liked 73 Times on 38 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default

Woohoo, the benelli is a blast to shoot, I like it alot. pointint is so natural with the pistol grip. It's got a little bit of an oomph behind it, but not as bad as i thought for such a light shotgun.

__________________
If guns kill people, then pencils misspell words, cars make people drive drunk, and spoons made Rosie O' Donnell fat!

Andrew - Landscape architecture student. Not landscaper
Dr. Marneaus is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 11:07 PM   #28
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Flint Rock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 441
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Default

This past weekend I took my SuperNova to a IDPA match that was having a shotgun stage. It was a night home defense stage that called for a transition from a handgun to your shotgun. If you will pardon the pun,,,, it was a blast.
Some of the night stages were shot with flashlights, some with streetlight, some with campfire light. For some of the shooters it was a real eye opener about night shooting.

__________________

There is in life perhaps one fleeting moment when the courage, dedication and resolve of one man gambling against all odds will alter the destiny of nations.

Flint Rock is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Firearms Forum Replies Last Post
Benelli notdku General Shotgun Discussion 12 04-15-2010 01:51 AM
Benelli M2 acessories cliff General Shotgun Discussion 1 10-31-2009 06:26 PM
benelli cordoba shaneo206 General Shotgun Discussion 2 07-08-2009 07:56 PM
Benelli SuperNova Stocks slwarren General Shotgun Discussion 0 01-05-2009 01:24 AM