Benelli Autoloader Question
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Shotgun Discussion > Benelli Autoloader Question

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-04-2010, 02:25 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Benelli Autoloader Question

I got a few questions for the Benelli guys:

Was the M1 Super 90 replaced by the M2? Differences?

Is the difference between the M2 field and the SBE II the price and the SBE will take a 3.5" round? .........markerdown

USAF, Retired .. "From My Cold Dead Hands!"

"A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves." ........ Edward R. Murrow

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 01-04-2010, 03:33 PM   #2

The M2 did in fact replace the M1 and the biggest differences are external design and maybe some features that weren't offered on the various M1 models. The SBE has always been the 3.5" auto for Benelli and it's essentially the only difference between the two. All Benelli autos are still inertia operated, though the breakdown for the SBE is slightly different than the M1 or M2. If you "need" a 3.5" shell then you've answered your own question, but I find that pretty much nobody ever needs a 3.5". I have an M1 and I also have a Browning Gold 3.5". I have never even purchased 3.5" shells for the Browning. Both guns have custom chokes for both buckshot and heavy shot (which I use the same load for turkey and waterfowl) and both pattern so well there is nothing left to be desired. Keep in mind that for many years 2 3/4" shells did everything people needed to do so a 3" shell is hard to beat. I wouldn't spend the extra money on the SBE.

Last edited by Bohica6-284; 01-05-2010 at 10:51 PM. Reason: grammer

Old 01-04-2010, 10:05 PM   #3

Thanks for the info. .................markerdown

USAF, Retired .. "From My Cold Dead Hands!"

"A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves." ........ Edward R. Murrow

Old 01-05-2010, 12:22 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bohica6-284 View Post
The M2 did in fact replace the M1 and the biggest differences are external design and maybe some features that weren't offered on the various M1 models. The SBE has always been the 3.5" auto for Benelli and it's essentially the only difference between the two. All Benelli autos are still inertia operated, though the breakdown for the SBE is slightly different than the M1 or M2. If you "need" a 3.5" shell then you've answered your own question, but I find that pretty much nobody ever a 3.5". I have an M1 and I also have a Browning Gold 3.5". I have never even purchased 3.5" shells for the Browning. Both guns have custom chokes for both buckshot and heavy shot (which I used the same load for turkey and waterfowl) and both pattern so well there is nothing left to be desired. Keep in mind that for many years 2 3/4" shells did everything people needed to do so a 3" shell is hard to beat. I wouldn't spend the extra money on the SBE.
excellent reply