awhile back...
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Shotgun Discussion > awhile back...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-11-2012, 05:27 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default awhile back...

So awhile back i posted a thread about how i only could use one hand and asked for recomendations about a shotgun that would be good for me. http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f26/shotgun-one-hander-53188/ you all gave me great ideas and i had narrowed it down to two. the Mossberg SA-20 and the H&R Pardener 20g. The only problem is, nobody has them in the gun shops around me and they say that they would have to special order them, but if i do that and the gun doesnt feel comfortable then i am kind of stuck with it. so i dont know what to do. If anyone has any ideas please let me know. should i just go with a more common one such as the 870 or Moss 500 which might be just a little more difficult to use because of the pump?

Thanks guys!
Jeff

Last edited by Jsnakehouse; 01-11-2012 at 05:30 PM.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 01-11-2012, 06:30 PM   #2
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5991 Times on 3133 Posts
Likes Given: 428

Best way to try befote you buy just for feel is to hit a gunshow or two. Someone is bound to have what your looking for so you can tell if it fits or not.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 01-11-2012, 06:57 PM   #3

Thats a great idea, i never even thought about that! even thought there is a big gun show near me every few months!! lol

Thanks,
Jeff

Old 01-11-2012, 07:19 PM   #4

Liked 9206 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

You can also check classifieds.

Old 01-11-2012, 07:34 PM   #5

Liked 749 Times on 477 Posts
Likes Given: 586

ditto trip... 'armslist'..... ARMSLIST - Gun Classifieds

The comments made herein are those solely of this writer and in no way reflect the opinions of any other person, agency, or entity.

Old 01-12-2012, 08:49 AM   #6
No Longer a NY Resident.
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1753 Times on 1081 Posts
Likes Given: 9629

If you wish to "Try before you buy" go to your local range or rod and gun club, or find a friend who has what you are looking to buy. Offer to spring for the ammo and set up a time and place to try it out. I have never passed up some range time, especially when another person is splitting the ammo cost. all of the folks I shoot with have the same mindset.

Is it better to do the right thing for the wrong reason, or to do the wrong thing for the right reason? If you do the wrong thing for the right reason, is it still the wrong thing?

Si vis pacem para bellum.

There are two ways of doing something. Right and again.

Old 01-12-2012, 09:52 AM   #7

i was also going to suggest the ranges in your area.