ATI w/scorpion buttpad or Blackhawks recoil reducing stock?
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Shotgun Discussion > ATI w/scorpion buttpad or Blackhawks recoil reducing stock?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-25-2013, 07:18 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 57

Default ATI w/scorpion buttpad or Blackhawks recoil reducing stock?

I'm lookin to purchase a new tactical stock for my mossberg, I'm leaning toward the ATI, I'm interested in any opinions on either, good or bad.

Bedside--- mossberg 500 w/00 buckshot and PDX
Night Stand --- Springfield XD 9mm

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 06-27-2013, 09:21 PM   #2
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I have used both and they are both great options. Personally I like the ATI better. It just fits my hands better. I swapped the original butt pad out for an AR style Limbsaver and that made a HUGE difference. Be advised however that accessin the Slide Release Lever is a bit tricky with the pistol grip stocks. (If your interested I make extended levers for this reason.) If anyone you know has one or the other ask them to go to the range with you and try it out. Understand, however, that while the Knoxx Recoil Reduction actuates on a spring/slide system to "reduce" the felt recoil, the ATI doesn't move. It has a nice sized rubber pad at the palm swell area on the pistol grip to absorb and allow better control. Some have stated that if not held correctly the Knoxx will have a slight "jump" up and can inadvertently slap you in the cheek area.
I think I covered everything I can sum up, but, if I think of anything else to add, I'll be back.

-Mike