Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   General Shotgun Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f26/)
-   -   ati shotshell holder. .. (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f26/ati-shotshell-holder-85108/)

Blazede30 02-25-2013 06:12 AM

ati shotshell holder. ..

3 Attachment(s)
Just installed it.....I really really like it....btw, I had also installed the utg rail on the receiver but i wasnt crazy about it..I prefer the clean and sleek look, so it came right off....

So here it is...check it out

longunner 02-25-2013 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blazede30
Just installed it.....I really really like it....btw, I had also installed the utg rail on the receiver but i wasnt crazy about it..I prefer the clean and sleek look, so it came right off....

So here it is...check it out

I have one of the side saddle shell holders on my mossberg I think it looks great.

deadsp0t 02-25-2013 05:07 PM

A buddy has one, I love it! Looks fantastic!

ajhaag19 03-04-2013 09:25 AM

There good for a while. Note that over time the plastic starts loosening and doesn't hold them tight enough so recoil will pop the shells out sometimes The cheap nylon buttcuffs work better and there lighter

Blazede30 03-05-2013 06:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ajhaag19 (Post 1162915)
There good for a while. Note that over time the plastic starts loosening and doesn't hold them tight enough so recoil will pop the shells out sometimes The cheap nylon buttcuffs work better and there lighter

Well I think i might just reinstall those screws with some lock-tite...I had the sleeve but I didn't like how it was sliding foward during its first and only day at the range...it became quite annoying....we'll see how this does, I've seen mostly great reviews but I can't recall if any had actually fired yet, so i'll have to make sure for myself. ...anyways, depending on how long it actually holds, I say $7 to replace doesn't sound too bad, especially for how nice it looks....thanx for the input

Sgt_Skrb_25 03-06-2013 02:09 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I have had my ATI shots hell holder for 7 years and it is still holding on. I think the wear is determined on how you pull the shells out. I slide mine out, instead of pulling them out sideways. I know if you need them quick, you pop them out sideways, but if your worried about the longevity of the holder, slide them out.

HockaLouis 03-08-2013 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blazede30 (Post 1164083)
...I had the sleeve but I didn't like how it was sliding foward during its first and only day at the range...it became quite annoying...

I always chuckle at the experts who have elastic sleeves on their stocks filled with shells -- it is quite obvious they don't actually shoot and if they do it ain't been long or serious. But hey, everyone can type...

Axxe55 03-09-2013 12:20 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by HockaLouis (Post 1168406)
I always chuckle at the experts who have elastic sleeves on their stocks filled with shells -- it is quite obvious they don't actually shoot and if they do it ain't been long or serious. But hey, everyone can type...

hmmmmm...... mine works just fine! i also shoot quite a bit and have been for many years.

also simple is better. K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Stupid is the best motto for when outfitting a firearm for personal defence.