Anyone use Mobil 1 ATF? - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Shotgun Discussion > Anyone use Mobil 1 ATF?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-27-2011, 08:19 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3479 Times on 1609 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Quote:
Originally Posted by fireguy View Post
I know what you are up to, JD. Trying to see if it is worth a salvage operation of the wreckage from the "boating accident".
Alas no, too deep and been down too long. Not even F.F. could help those poor lost souls.

But prior to any FUTURE boating trips.

Old 01-28-2011, 01:39 AM   #22

Liked 132 Times on 102 Posts

I don't get this one. Or Ed's Red or whatever potion someone cooks up. A gun is not a car, or a transmission. They sell nice containers of WD-40, RemOil, and Breakfree, and they work just fine. It's like Purina Dog Chow. They spend millions testing their formula trying to be absolutely the best thing you can make to feed a dog, and Mom gets the pooch canned meat and gravy "Because he likes it better".
As for corrosion tests, I saw a little girl in a science fair in NC in the 80s who ran a 30 day corrosion test in salt water, involving daily immersion using common nails, and with one application of lots of various stuff at the beginning. WD-40 beat the hell out of everything else, except G-66 which it edged by a hair. 3-in-1 oil didn't do too bad. (and yes I know WD-40 is not the best lubricant)

What could have happened... did.

Old 01-28-2011, 02:02 AM   #23

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts

Ya know, JD, I've been meaning to talk to you about this whole "attention whore" thing you have going here. It pains me to be the one to have to say this, Lord knows I love you like a total stranger, but Son, it's time to find your pants. (This is a reference to a legendary character named Groovy Don who used to provoke great mirth at illicit gatherings of Underage Alcohol Enthusiasts in southwest Iowa in the early '70s. Groove inspired these feelings by consuming a few beverages, losing his trousers, dancing vigorously with all and sundry until composing himself to sleep in a convenient puddle of vomit.) And you can be King JD, I just want to be god-Emporer.
p.s. Don't you think this Fluid Film thing should go into a Staff Review thread?

Old 01-28-2011, 06:20 PM   #24

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3479 Times on 1609 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Quote:
Originally Posted by Virginian View Post
WD-40 beat the hell out of everything else
Well, they might have changed the formula, because I am testing WD-40 on a knife as well and it's getting it's ass kicked bad!

The final results will be posted in the Staff Reviews when I am done with the project and have eliminated possible bitching points.

Old 01-28-2011, 07:48 PM   #25

Liked 27 Times on 21 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Virginian View Post
WD-40 beat the hell out of everything else, except G-66 which it edged by a hair. 3-in-1 oil didn't do too bad. (and yes I know WD-40 is not the best lubricant)
They didn't have Fluid Film 30 years ago. Indeed, a better, more effective *penetrant* and coating protection, mousetrap has been made.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

"There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter." - Hemingway

“The greatest ignorance is to reject something you know nothing about.”

Old 01-29-2011, 10:48 AM   #26

Liked 132 Times on 102 Posts

Well, a one day immersion test "pass" would be sufficient for me anyway. I clean my guns if I even think they need it.

What could have happened... did.

Old 01-29-2011, 10:53 AM   #27

Liked 20 Times on 17 Posts
Likes Given: 159

I like WD-40 but just not in my .22's

"THE SIERRA JUST HOTEL TANGO FOXTROT -OVER"

MALO PERICULOSAM LIBERTATEM QUAM QUIETUM SERVITIUM