Anyone familiar with Shotgun tube extensions?
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of!    

Firearm & Gun Forum - > Long Guns > General Shotgun Discussion >

Anyone familiar with Shotgun tube extensions?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-11-2011, 09:09 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Liked 6 Times on 1 Posts

Default Anyone familiar with Shotgun tube extensions?

Is anyone out there familiar with shotgun tube extensions? If yes, I've a technical question for hard to you think it would be to use it as housing for a tac light rather than the 2 extra shells? I don't really care if it goes from 5 to 7 shot but I like the look of the ext, so was thinking about getting one...I would also like a light on the gun but do not want to ruin the look of it with a side/top/bottom mounted one (it would also hamper my ability to carry the weapon in a scabbard)...I thought this might be a good work around - it wouldn't have to be a surefire light or anything like that....any bright LED would serve my purposes (the streamlight trl-3 seems like it might be small enough).

What do you think of that? Does anyone out have any ideas or think they would attempt something like that? I don't really have the tools to try myself but I might have a tinker. . ..the part that I am the most unsure of is how to attach it to the end of the existing tube -- I was thinking maybe something that was threaded on both ends to keep the seal where it is at the moment but allow another tube to continue forward. . ..but I don't know if that's the best way to do it. Also not 100% on how I could have the on/off switch.

Suggestions/comments or willing to attempt? I don't mind paying a fair price for your work/time

Glaine ár gcroí, neart ár ngéag agus beart de réir ár mbriathar - ARW
(The cleanliness of our hearts, the strength of our limbs and our commitment to our promise)

Join Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join Today! - Click Here

Old 09-11-2011, 10:14 PM   #2
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Liked 11157 Times on 4837 Posts
Likes Given: 1835

Take a look thru this on line catalog, see if it gives you any ideas. Like the laser for the Remington 870- that replaces the magazine cap.
What we have here is... failure- to communicate.