Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   General Shotgun Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f26/)
-   -   Anyone ever heard of . . . (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f26/anyone-ever-heard-18185/)

willie47 09-17-2009 05:00 PM

Anyone ever heard of . . .

I'm new to this forum, and I have searched for the information I seek on this forum, but I haven't found anything yet.

Has anyone ever heard of Davidson Firearms, located in Greensboro, NC, when they were still in business?

I bought one of their double barrel shotguns at our local flea market a couple of weeks ago. It was manufactured in Eibar, Spain, by Fabrica de Armas, around 46+ years ago, as 1963 was the last year they were manufactured, according to the Blue Book of Gun Values.

Additionally, one of the previous owners must have tried to "fix" it, because only one barrel will fire, and I noticed that the screws were buggered up, and one of the cocking pieces had been filed on.

If anyone knows anything about the action in that gun, please let me know. As far as it looks, it has a variation of an Anson & Deeley boxlock with a Greener styled crossbolt.

Thanks, and I look forward to more reading and dialog!

Bill

CA357 09-17-2009 05:23 PM

Welcome here from a huge Pogo fan. I'm sure someone will be along shortly to help you out.

When you get a chance, head over to the New Member Introduction area and introduce yourself to the gang. :cool:

willie47 09-17-2009 05:30 PM

Will do! Uh . . . How do I get to the "New Member Introduction area?" I couldn't find an explicit link. On the other hand, I'm senile, so I may have seen it and forgot what I was doing.

CA357 09-17-2009 05:37 PM

Well, I knew that if you're a Pogo fan you are probably a bit, ahem, mature, like me.

Go to the main forum page in the General section, you'll see it there. "Introductions"

Virginian 09-17-2009 07:48 PM

Davidson's is still around all right. I don't remember when they moved out west, but it's probably been less than 15 years. I went there when they were still in Greensboro.
Gallery of Guns.com - Gun Gallery, Ruger Firearms, Shooter Online Services, Firearm Industry News, Firearm Dealer, Gun News

willie47 09-17-2009 08:04 PM

I don't think that's the same outfit. Davidson's is a gigantic gun dealer, and they may have had a store in Greensboro (and they may have been affiliated with the same family -- I don't know), but the Davidson Firearm Cmpany is no longer in existence, and so far as I have been able to determine, Fabrica de Armas no longer exists. The city of Eibar, Spain is still there, however.

canebrake 09-17-2009 08:39 PM

What did they tell you over on THE FIREARMS FORUM.COM?

willie47 09-18-2009 11:56 AM

Zero; zip; nada! I haven't gotten a reply from anyone there or any of the other two gun discussion forums I have recently joined.

canebrake 09-18-2009 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by willie47 (Post 161553)
Zero; zip; nada! I haven't gotten a reply from anyone there or any of the other two gun discussion forums I have recently joined.

I could not find anything. I think Davidson has evaporated into the ether!

spittinfire 09-18-2009 12:19 PM

glad to have you here willie!! Where are you in SC? I might not be too far from you.