Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Shotgun Discussion > any skb owners?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-06-2014, 01:55 AM   #1
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 13 Times on 11 Posts

Default any skb owners?

out there, i was just wondering if there were. my dad got me an xl 900 a long time ago when i was a kid and it was cut down for a woman now that im grown up i couldnt hit a damn thing with it till today, i got my new stock in the mail and installed it, gotta go shoot sometime this week. anyway just seein how many of yall shoot skb?

10177491_811636055531496_2063445209_n.jpg  

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 04-06-2014, 02:34 PM   #2
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2342 Times on 1169 Posts
Likes Given: 1189

Soldier,

I had one just like the one in your picture in 20 Ga. several years ago. And it was a fine shotgun! Killed a lot of Pheasants and Quail with that gun! And also had an SKB Over and Under 20 ga. They are fine shotguns. Is yours a 12 ga or ??? I believe you will be more than pleased with the shotgun! Not to mention the fact Dad gave it to you!

The Constitution is not an instrument for the Government to restrain the people. It is an instrument for the people to restrain the Government!
*Patrick Henry

Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom."

-- John F. Kennedy

Old 04-06-2014, 02:52 PM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

awesome sniper. ive already hammered loads of ducks and pheasant with it prob 10 years ago but that was the last time i hunted with dad, havent done alot of hunting since ive been in the military but im on my last year and got that longer stock so it fits me now, cant wait for this years seasons to roll around, its a 20 ga when my dad picked it up in 1999 it was cut down for this guys wife and she never shot it so after that i used it, love the gun. they have another line they came out with the IS 300 its an inertia driven gun, would like one in 12ga.

Old 04-06-2014, 03:00 PM   #4
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Soldier,

I guess maybe they market the SKB themselves today? But back when I had them they were marketed by Ithaca Gun Company. In fact the actually called them Ithaca SKBs. Man that is a great looking stock on there also. Did you fit the stock or have someone else fit it?
Here is my pride and joy! It was my grandfathers who passed it down to me!' He bought it prior to the Great Depression! I had it restocked years ago (Reinhart Fajen Stock) since gramps was tough on the old gun! It is a Fox Sterlingworth 20 ga. Double Full and Full. The best rabbit gun I ever had and still have it. As yours it is also a sentimental piece!

256633-grandfathers-gun.jpg  

The Constitution is not an instrument for the Government to restrain the people. It is an instrument for the people to restrain the Government!
*Patrick Henry

Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom."

-- John F. Kennedy

RKB Likes This 
Old 04-06-2014, 04:04 PM   #5
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 537 Times on 300 Posts
Likes Given: 2344

Damn you for bringing up painful memories.
I once owned an Ithaca SKB 12ga. S/S Skeet Gun.
Loved that Gun,
but traded it for something?
Now you have me shedding tears.

Old 04-06-2014, 06:01 PM   #6
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

sniper, i ordered it from them over the phone and it came in the mail so when it showed up i fitted it myself, there wasnt alot of work needed at all, i worked at the table for about 20 mins and was done, they have the best customer service ive dealt with so far, and i only described the forearm to the feller on the phone and he said hed send me what he thinks would match, in my opinion he did an amazing job. they market themselves but they still have a rollover from ithica, that shotgun you have there is absolutely beautiful. dad just has so many treasure at the house still, it is amazing.

shade, i would be shedding tears too, keep an eye out you will find one.

a pic of it with the wife

1975268_811636208864814_1311445883_njhv.jpg  

Old 04-07-2014, 04:10 AM   #7

Liked 322 Times on 178 Posts

I shoot skeet every Sunday with a .12 Ga SKB 85TSS. Mine is the 'sporting' version with 30-inch barrels, hi-grade wood, and adjustable comb. I use extended skeet chokes. It's a great gun. I've also had the SKB 5600 and a .20 Ga semi-auto, think it was the 1300. Anyway, I like SKB. Great value and features for the money. Just watch for cracking forearms. Seems to happen on some. Think I gave like $1,695 for mine, lightly used. It's $2,495 MSRP on SKB's website.

imageuploadedbyfirearms-talk1396843729.647820.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Firearms Talk

Old 04-07-2014, 04:05 PM   #8

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 1

I have owned several, the first SKB was a 505 o/u 32" trap. Then 605 Trap Combo, 505 Skeet in 12 & 20 gauge. Then I traded the 605 for a 785 Trap combo.
The ones that just blew me away was I purchases a pair of 785 Medalion 12 gauge Fields for my grandsons, and got a Upland and a Waterfowl. When I opened them up both had feather grain stocks and they where consecutive serial numbers. Two of the best looking guns that I have ever owned. And they shoot like dreams, I have shot Sproting Clays with them and have shot 96 and 97 out of 100.

skb-s.jpg   skb-f.jpg  

Last edited by windjammer69; 04-07-2014 at 04:21 PM.

Old 04-07-2014, 05:09 PM   #9
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Soldier!

Where did you buy the stock from? That is amazing! Usually it can become a task to properly fit a stock.

OH! Want to get some "GOOD BOY POINTS" in for you! Pretty Gun! Pretty Lady! You are fortunate on both counts! Let me know on the stock purchase! Do they provide stocks for other guns?

And Jammer! That is some beautiful wood there!!!!

*Patrick Henry

-- John F. Kennedy

Old 04-07-2014, 11:49 PM   #10
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

sniper, thank you for the comments on both of my treasures, i bought the stock directly from skb, i really wish they made stocks for other guns. haha. jammer those are great pieces of wood you got there, im really contemplating another skb in 12 ga....