Any pistol grip pump actions with slam fire capability? - Page 7
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Shotgun Discussion > Any pistol grip pump actions with slam fire capability?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-25-2013, 03:34 AM   #61
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1081 Times on 601 Posts
Likes Given: 450

Quote:
Originally Posted by axxe55 View Post
KBD, i don't have to justify or defend to you or anyone else my reasoning for what i teach or don't teach my wife. i am also very confident in her abilities and also have complete trust in her to be able to handle herself in a SD situation. i know her strengths and weakness', you don't. i know what she can or can't do, you don't. please refrain from thinking all women are weak and frail creatures. you do huge disrespect to them when you do. i know many who would put you in your place very quickly and have you apologising very fast.

make all the suggestions you want, but me mindful, there are quite a few women here on this forum who might be in total disagreement with them. personally i haave to say i agree with some of your ideas and suggestions but not all of them. i know what works for my wife and i. this ain't my first rodeo, and i didn't just wake up yesterday. i do a lot of my own informal testing so i know what works for us. i have complete faith in my choices and that's all that matters. bottom line.
Axxe55, that's right you don't have to justify your opinions to me so quit trying and start making valid logical arguments about how you, your wife, or anyone else can dump more rounds of 12 gauge into the target faster than with a 556 carbine.

Make an argument about how fast you, your wife, or anyone else can load 5 shotshells faster than you can exchange an empty AR magazine with a new one.

Make an argument about how 10 of your brand of 12 gauge 00 buck shotshells weigh less than my fully loaded 30 round PMAG (and tell us where you bought 'em so we can all start using those lightweight shotshells).

Make an argument about how having 30 rounds ready to go is worse than having 5 rounds ready to go.

Make an argument about how your brand of shotshell will penetrate a vest better than 556 will.

Make an argument about which professional firearms instructor would advocate using a 12 gauge pump shotgun over a 556 semi-automatic carbine when both are available.

So far I haven't heard any arguments that in any way refute what I've stated with simple logic.

Here's a good example of how this exchange has gone:

My Assertion/Statement:
Any human can run up a hill faster with a Colt carbine than a Barrett .50 caliber rifle.

Your Answer:
I know someone who can run up a hill really fast with a Barrett and you don't know who I know or what I know.

My Response:
And yet, they still will cover more ground faster with a weapon that weighs 1/6th of what the Barrett weighs.

Nobody needs to get butt hurt over someone else's statements about what generally works well vs what generally doesn't work well. Also, if you can't stand a little criticism, perhaps it means there's some question about the validity of your choices. I don't have any ego invested in my firearms choices, just observation, experience, learning from people who use firearms for a living, and simple common sense.

Lastly, and I've stated this repeatedly even though it apparently fell on blind eyes; Use whatever you want. If it works for you, use it. The overwhelming majority of shooters would be better served with a 556 carbine vs a PGO 12 gauge shotgun (or any other type of 12 gauge shotgun) in the overwhelming majority of situations for HD and that's what I'm advocating.

Old 02-25-2013, 03:42 AM   #62
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 21578 Times on 12248 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbd512 View Post
Axxe55, that's right you don't have to justify your opinions to me so quit trying and start making valid logical arguments about how you, your wife, or anyone else can dump more rounds of 12 gauge into the target faster than with a 556 carbine.

Make an argument about how fast you, your wife, or anyone else can load 5 shotshells faster than you can exchange an empty AR magazine with a new one.

Make an argument about how 10 of your brand of 12 gauge 00 buck shotshells weigh less than my fully loaded 30 round PMAG (and tell us where you bought 'em so we can all start using those lightweight shotshells).

Make an argument about how having 30 rounds ready to go is worse than having 5 rounds ready to go.

Make an argument about how your brand of shotshell will penetrate a vest better than 556 will.

Make an argument about which professional firearms instructor would advocate using a 12 gauge pump shotgun over a 556 semi-automatic carbine when both are available.

So far I haven't heard any arguments that in any way refute what I've stated with simple logic.

Here's a good example of how this exchange has gone:

My Assertion/Statement:
Any human can run up a hill faster with a Colt carbine than a Barrett .50 caliber rifle.

Your Answer:
I know someone who can run up a hill really fast with a Barrett and you don't know who I know or what I know.

My Response:
And yet, they still will cover more ground faster with a weapon that weighs 1/6th of what the Barrett weighs.

Nobody needs to get butt hurt over someone else's statements about what generally works well vs what generally doesn't work well. Also, if you can't stand a little criticism, perhaps it means there's some question about the validity of your choices. I don't have any ego invested in my firearms choices, just observation, experience, learning from people who use firearms for a living, and simple common sense.

Lastly, and I've stated this repeatedly even though it apparently fell on blind eyes; Use whatever you want. If it works for you, use it. The overwhelming majority of shooters would be better served with a 556 carbine vs a PGO 12 gauge shotgun (or any other type of 12 gauge shotgun) in the overwhelming majority of situations for HD and that's what I'm advocating.
you are putting my words into context i never said. please refrain from such.

you are stating things i never said or meant.

please just leave it at you have your ways, and i have mine.

as said we bow to your superior training. we are not worthy.
Old 02-25-2013, 04:37 AM   #63
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 156 Times on 115 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missouribound View Post

Apparently you haven't been listening to the vice president...Forrest....Forrest Biden. "Buy a shotgun......buy a shotgun" "Just fire two shots from the porch...that'll scare away any intruder"
Actually as of right now the only shotguns I have are double barrel. Next on the list is a pump 12ga. Biden is full of bs. the 2a doesn't limit my ability to own something that holds more than 2 rounds.