Any pistol grip pump actions with slam fire capability? - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Shotgun Discussion > Any pistol grip pump actions with slam fire capability?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-22-2013, 04:46 AM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 11 Times on 9 Posts

Sorry to interrupt, but I was reading the comments here and just wanted to know what 'slam fire' means?

Old 02-22-2013, 04:54 AM   #22

Liked 136 Times on 118 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrl78
Sorry to interrupt, but I was reading the comments here and just wanted to know what 'slam fire' means?
The firing pin continues forward from the inertia from the slide being racked or the pump action gettin pumped and fires with out the trigger being pulled. I consider this to be a malfunction don't know why'd you want your gun to do that.

"You can all go to Hell and I will go to Texas"

Last edited by gearhead396; 02-22-2013 at 04:56 AM.

Old 02-22-2013, 04:57 AM   #23

Oh gotcha....Haha that makes alot more sense now, thank you.

Old 02-22-2013, 04:57 AM   #24
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1786 Times on 1170 Posts
Likes Given: 1540

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrl78 View Post
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slamfire (I know wikipedia isn't a good source of info)

Hope this helps.

“Somebody has to speak for these people. Y'all got on this boat for different reasons, but y'all come to the same place. So now I'm asking more of you than I have before. Maybe all. Sure as I know anything, I know this—they will try again. Maybe on another world, maybe on this very ground swept clean. A year from now, ten? They'll swing back to the belief that they can make people...better. And I do not hold to that. So no more runnin'. I aim to misbehave.” Mal Reynolds Serenity/Firefly

Last edited by DFlynt; 02-22-2013 at 05:00 AM.

Old 02-22-2013, 04:58 AM   #25
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 8320 Times on 4808 Posts
Likes Given: 10783

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrl78 View Post
Its when you can hold the trigger down and then cycle the action, loading a round into the chamber and it immediately fires as the action is closed, then you just keep cycling the action with the trigger depressed. It is like a crude mechanical "machine gun" effect of sorts. It is not easy to control as far as I know and not something I would recommend anyone use for home defense under any circumstances.

Has anyone noticed the OP posted this one question here and disappeared?

Shoot me an email at vikingdad995@gmail.com

Check out the Firearmstalk Podcasts with Vikingdad and DrFootball! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/firearms-talk-podcast/id778007899

Quote:
"Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest."
- Mohandas Gandhi, an Autobiography, page 446.

Old 02-22-2013, 05:01 AM   #26

It reminds me of one my dad's old semi auto 12 gauge. The trigger mechanism is wore out, pull the trigger and sometimes it fires one round sometimes it fires three rounds.

Old 02-22-2013, 05:02 AM   #27
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1786 Times on 1170 Posts
Likes Given: 1540

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad View Post
Its when you can hold the trigger down and then cycle the action, loading a round into the chamber and it immediately fires as the action is closed, then you just keep cycling the action with the trigger depressed. It is like a crude mechanical "machine gun" effect of sorts. It is not easy to control as far as I know and not something I would recommend anyone use for home defense under any circumstances.

Has anyone noticed the OP posted this one question here and disappeared?
Probably either didn't like the answer he got, or was satisfied with the replies and didn't feel a need to follow up.

“Somebody has to speak for these people. Y'all got on this boat for different reasons, but y'all come to the same place. So now I'm asking more of you than I have before. Maybe all. Sure as I know anything, I know this—they will try again. Maybe on another world, maybe on this very ground swept clean. A year from now, ten? They'll swing back to the belief that they can make people...better. And I do not hold to that. So no more runnin'. I aim to misbehave.” Mal Reynolds Serenity/Firefly

Old 02-22-2013, 05:11 AM   #28
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 8320 Times on 4808 Posts
Likes Given: 10783

Slamfires happen most often with a free floating firing pin, and can aldo happen in a worn gun (as mentioned). It is not desirable and usually quite dangerous. There was a guy who was killed when his SKS slamfired on him and ended up shooting himself in the back (try doing that on purpose!) at the local gun range. I think that particular Chinese SKS was known for this problem?

Shoot me an email at vikingdad995@gmail.com

Check out the Firearmstalk Podcasts with Vikingdad and DrFootball! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/firearms-talk-podcast/id778007899

Quote:
"Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest."
- Mohandas Gandhi, an Autobiography, page 446.

Old 02-22-2013, 05:16 AM   #29

Ya definitely not something I'd want for HD.

Old 02-22-2013, 05:18 AM   #30
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 156 Times on 115 Posts
Likes Given: 3

I think a semi auto would for your needs, but a pump is usually cheaper. A mossberg 500 is know for being easily modified. You don't need slam fire with well placed shots. If you actually aim the gun at the intended target you should take care of the problem quickly. By the way you do have to aim with a shotgun just not pinpoint accuracy. Practice quickly drawing the weapon up and firing.