Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Shotgun Discussion > Another broken Gen II

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-31-2012, 03:25 AM   #11
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 2547 Times on 1338 Posts
Likes Given: 192

Recoil is easily managed with proper stance and grip. Square your shoulders to the target and flex your abs. You will find follow up shots are quite fast. The "traditional" stance with the shoulders 45 degrees to the target makes for very slow follow up shots. That stance my be fine for target shooting but is a lousy combat stance.

In life, strive to take the high road....It offers a better field of fire.
"Robo is right" Fuzzball

Old 01-31-2012, 01:18 PM   #12
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 35 Times on 31 Posts
Likes Given: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by robocop10mm View Post
Recoil is easily managed with proper stance and grip. Square your shoulders to the target and flex your abs. You will find follow up shots are quite fast. The "traditional" stance with the shoulders 45 degrees to the target makes for very slow follow up shots. That stance my be fine for target shooting but is a lousy combat stance.
I have adopted squared up stance while shooting my shotgun and carbine. I still catch myself shooting bladed every now and again just due to a lifetime of shooting….I still shoot high power rifles bladed and shoot clays bladed. I just turned 40 so it’s hard to break habits but the Spec Ops loves to be shot squared up. In fact when you hear of people complaining about “cheek slap” while shooting the Spec Ops it is because they aren’t shooting squared up. If you think you are fast, give a Spec Ops Gen I an honest try squared up. I understand you’re a traditionalist, so am I, but I am open to new ideas as well……this is not a gimmick, it works but it’s not for everyone…..since the thread has turned to this we might as well discuss it, and excuse my internet etiquette…….I shoot much more than I internet , lol

Old 01-31-2012, 08:15 PM   #13
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 2547 Times on 1338 Posts
Likes Given: 192

My go to shotgun is a Saiga so Gen I, Gen II, it don't matter to me.

In life, strive to take the high road....It offers a better field of fire.
"Robo is right" Fuzzball

Old 01-31-2012, 09:15 PM   #14

Liked 35 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 59

Sorry I haven’t really joined for the forum as such, more to share/gather info on this particular problem, hope that's ok?.

I just received my Gen2 from the US (I'm in Britain), and the very evening after receive blackhawks recall notification from the seller!.

Apparently it doesn’t apply to anything bought prior to Nov11, mine was bought after then but I’ve since pulled the grip inserts off and found the date produced which is August11... so I don’t know can we compare dates to see if mines likely to have the same prob or not???.

Anyway I phoned Blackhawk this evening, or late this afternoon to them, and I should have a call back tomorrow night hopefully. They took my details (with the slight accent barrier) but the one who’s dealing with this problem was only informed of it today I gathered, and was busy.

Any other info from you guys?. I really could do without returning it... took enough time to get here and its damn tidy other than this accident waiting to happen in the back of my mind.

I haven’t actually picked up the shotgun for it yet so I cant try it, the dealers getting me a price now. I’ve really pulled and knocked the pistol grip with some force and I cant see and obvious weakness, but only shooting will tell I guess. Oh and its a silenced/suppressed M500 12G shotgun I'm putting it on.

Old 01-31-2012, 09:26 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by robocop10mm View Post
My go to shotgun is a Saiga so Gen I, Gen II, it don't matter to me.
Ok….I guess nevermind then

Quote:
Originally Posted by RemFire View Post
Sorry I haven’t really joined for the forum as such, more to share/gather info on this particular problem, hope that's ok?.
Fine by me, I always assumed that’s what these places were for but I am finding out different lately lol

I’ll look for a date, my bro is sending it back soon so I’ll try to catch it before it goes and let you know. They are sending him the improved version and a shipping label to send back the faulty stock

Old 01-31-2012, 10:20 PM   #16

Nice one that would be great thanks!. But you know what that’s some great news there, if they will send out replacement rather than wait for me to return this one then its no big deal? - I wont be without one. I'll just go easy on this and hope for the best until I get the replacement.

I wont be pounding it with buck or slug either, not for what I'll be doing, just 2 3/4" bird shot and the big old can up front will soak up lots of the hammer, so hopefully, if mine is a duff one it will last a little longer?!.

Looking at the breaks, I cant see how mine is any different other than it not being broken yet... I wonder why not fit something like a thin metal insert to beef things up where its needed. Its looks well thought out in every other way, and feels damn sturdy…

Old 02-01-2012, 12:59 AM   #17

RimFire, the manufacture date on the grip is 8/11 ……., they have good customer service so I am sure they will get you squared away, I just am not convinced there is enough material there for rough use. The Gen I is over built if anything so I hope they do something to make them stronger. The stock held up fine for low recoil 10 pellet 00 buck reloads , it broke on some full power reloads 1 ounce Lee slug, 50 grains of Blue Dot at 1700 fps so they will rattle your fillings.

Old 02-01-2012, 01:59 PM   #18

Damn... Oh well lets see how it goes, hopefully it will stay in one piece until the new one get here although the new one might get here before the gun at this rate - still waiting for a call back on the Mossy.

I wonder what changes they have made to the new ones, I also wonder what they will do with the old ones, I may ask, as if there just going to bin them then it might not be worth the expense of shipping it back to the US. I suspect they don’t want these things floating around giving them a bad reputation when they fail so I can see why taking them back and disposing of them would seem like the best option. Cant see them reusing the good parts?. I wouldn’t dream of selling it to someone oblivious but I would keep it for the remaining good spares if they wouldn’t mind. Oh and thanks again for checking that.