Ammo types

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Shotgun Discussion > Ammo types

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-28-2011, 09:42 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Default Ammo types

Ok I am making my BOB and my 20 guage auto is in it and was wondering what types of ammo for my 20 gauge should be in it

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 07-28-2011, 11:02 PM   #2

Liked 776 Times on 449 Posts
Likes Given: 492

Depending on your situation, location and whether you will have other means of defense or hunting I think an assortment of buck shot, bird shot and slugs are in order. Depending on the game involved the buck shot and bird shot can be replaced with something in between. Slugs would take down bigger game like white tail.

"The whole of the Bill (of Rights) is a declaration of the right of the people at large or considered as individuals.... It establishes some rights of the individual as unalienable and which consequently, no majority has a right to deprive them of." (Albert Gallatin of the New York Historical Society, October 7, 1789)

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." - George Washington

Old 07-28-2011, 11:13 PM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 144 Times on 92 Posts
Likes Given: 167

I agree with the first part bird shot, buckshot & slugs.

http://militarysignatures.com/signat...ember14888.png
Retired LE, M.P., Sr. M.P. Investigator, armorer, F.B.I. Trained Rangemaster/Firearms Instructor , Presently Forensic Document Examiner for D.H.S.

Old 07-28-2011, 11:53 PM   #4
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 38 Times on 26 Posts
Likes Given: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jpyle View Post
Depending on your situation, location and whether you will have other means of defense or hunting I think an assortment of buck shot, bird shot and slugs are in order. Depending on the game involved the buck shot and bird shot can be replaced with something in between. Slugs would take down bigger game like white tail.

Slugs will take down pheasants, quail, dove & turkey also......you just have to be a REAL GOOD shot.