Action Bar Lock Purpose

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Shotgun Discussion > Action Bar Lock Purpose

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-30-2008, 07:16 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Action Bar Lock Purpose

Hi I just got myself a used remington 870 wingmaster. The action bar lock might be broken. I think I can pump it without holding up on the action bar lock. Is this a problem? Also what is the purpose of the action bar lock?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 10-01-2008, 01:06 AM   #2
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

When the hammer is cocked the action lock will be engaged. When you pull the trigger and release the hammer it is disengaged.

The action lock keeps the bolt lock in place, in battery, for firing.

GC