About to order a Maverick 88
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Shotgun Discussion > About to order a Maverick 88

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-29-2009, 02:35 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default About to order a Maverick 88

I have been looking for an inexpensive 12 gauge and have talked myself into the Maverick 88, unless you guys talk me out of it. I like that its made under the parent company mossberg and everything I have read on the net about it is very positive. Does anyone know where I can get one cheaper than buds?

I think I will get the 20" barrel so I will have a little more versatility out of it.

Maverick 31046 88 12 20 CYL 8RD for Sale at Buds Gun Shop $193.00

Wish I could find one locally but no luck.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 11-29-2009, 04:34 PM   #2

Liked 776 Times on 449 Posts
Likes Given: 492

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motodeficient View Post
Does anyone know where I can get one cheaper than buds?

I think I will get the 20" barrel so I will have a little more versatility out of it.

Maverick 31046 88 12 20 CYL 8RD for Sale at Buds Gun Shop $193.00

Wish I could find one locally but no luck.
Prices at Impact are comparable to Buds. Never dealt with them so can't speak to their customer service. Buds is top notch in that area. New England Pardner 12ga is another choice for sub $200 shotty. Best of Luck.

Maverick Arms at Impact Guns Home

"The whole of the Bill (of Rights) is a declaration of the right of the people at large or considered as individuals.... It establishes some rights of the individual as unalienable and which consequently, no majority has a right to deprive them of." (Albert Gallatin of the New York Historical Society, October 7, 1789)

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." - George Washington

Old 11-29-2009, 04:40 PM   #3

Yeah I have ordered from Buds before, they shipped same day and I didn't even order till 1 PM. Plus the free shipping makes their prices even better

Old 11-30-2009, 04:04 AM   #4

Liked 776 Times on 449 Posts
Likes Given: 492

I purchased a Mossberg from Buds. Got a great deal on a Parkerized 18", 6+1 with heat shield and PG kit. Similar experience with fast shipping and service, ordered on Tuesday picked it up on Saturday at a local gun shop. The free shipping takes some of the sting away, only thing is the $60-100 FFL tranfer fees here in NJ. I would prefer to put that into the firearm rather than someones pocket.

Have you tried Bass Pro, Dicks or Cabella's? I believe they all carry 18"- 20" Mossberg 500 and Maverick 88 lines. Price may be higher than Bud's $193 but you save on the state-to-state FFL transfer.

Good luck

"The whole of the Bill (of Rights) is a declaration of the right of the people at large or considered as individuals.... It establishes some rights of the individual as unalienable and which consequently, no majority has a right to deprive them of." (Albert Gallatin of the New York Historical Society, October 7, 1789)

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." - George Washington

Old 11-30-2009, 12:34 PM   #5

My transfer fee is $25 through my FFL. But I will call dicks and cabelas and check with them. Thanks!

Last edited by Motodeficient; 11-30-2009 at 12:37 PM.

Old 12-04-2009, 06:49 AM   #6

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 5

I own a Mossberg Mav-88. It's a sweet gun, every good for home defense, I have a Knoxx folding stock on mine and it's a beauty and shoots really smooth. I hope you enjoy it if you get it.

Old 12-04-2009, 11:14 PM   #7

I'm lookin at the exact same shotty buddy i'm not even kidding ive been drooling over it and the moss 500 wit same setup 20" barrel 7+1 capacity. good luck buddy i hope to follow you soon

Old 12-05-2009, 03:10 AM   #8

I have been looking for one locally for the past week and haven't found one. I should have just ordered it last weekend from buds and I would have already had it!!

Old 12-06-2009, 02:56 AM   #9

Well I just ordered it from Buds. Need to order a tactical stock for it as well.

Old 12-07-2009, 06:44 AM   #10

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

If I'm not mistaken Mossberg 500 stocks will work with maverick but not fore-ends.