Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Shotgun Discussion > 870 express vs wingmaster

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-10-2012, 01:49 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default 870 express vs wingmaster

Besides the nice blueing and nicer wood furniture, is there anything else that sets these two apart? Internally or externally?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 05-10-2012, 02:12 AM   #2

Liked 813 Times on 621 Posts
Likes Given: 125

Some say so -- I wouldn't trust them anymore myself.

Old 05-10-2012, 11:09 AM   #3

Liked 113 Times on 87 Posts

The Remington haters dog them all, but that doesn't deter too many folks. Aside from a few parts that are MIM construction on the Express and forged on the Wingmaster, nice wood versus plastic or laminated wood, and the level of polish/finish the guns are the same basic design. Mostly forged steel in an aluminum and plastic world. The Express is built down to a price, and that really riles some people, but they make Remington money and if any company isn't making money they won't be making anything else either for too long. There have been some rough chamber issues with some Expresses, but any I have personal experience with Remington took care of them, if contacted. If you have much ability it's a simple fix, and the vast majority have no problem anyway.

What could have happened... did.

Old 05-10-2012, 11:29 AM   #4

Liked 401 Times on 284 Posts
Likes Given: 9

I us to own a wingmaster it gave me hell every time i tried to use it ,ejection problems, bead sight broke off as soon as i touched, and alot of ftf, now my express, never had a problem with it for 15 years

Old 05-10-2012, 11:32 AM   #5

Liked 813 Times on 621 Posts
Likes Given: 125

Quote:
Originally Posted by Virginian View Post
The Remington haters dog them all, but that doesn't deter too many folks. Aside from a few parts that are MIM construction on the Express and forged on the Wingmaster, nice wood versus plastic or laminated wood, and the level of polish/finish the guns are the same basic design. Mostly forged steel in an aluminum and plastic world. The Express is built down to a price, and that really riles some people, but they make Remington money and if any company isn't making money they won't be making anything else either for too long. There have been some rough chamber issues with some Expresses, but any I have personal experience with Remington took care of them, if contacted. If you have much ability it's a simple fix, and the vast majority have no problem anyway.
Let's try this...

The Yugo haters dog them all, but that doesn't deter too many folks. Aside from a few parts that are the cheapest possible construction on the base model and painted a different color on the Sport model, alloy wheels and a rear-deck spoiler, the cars are the same basic design. Mostly forged steel in an aluminum and plastic world. The standard model is built down to a price, and that really riles some people, but they make Yugo money and if any company isn't making money they won't be making anything else either for too long. There have been some rough quality issues with some base models, but any I have personal experience with Yugo took care of them, if contacted. If you have much ability it's a simple fix, and the vast majority have no problem anyway.

Still not buying it.
remington-wingmaster.jpg  

Old 05-10-2012, 12:54 PM   #6

Liked 107 Times on 86 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockaLouis

Let's try this...

The Yugo haters dog them all, but that doesn't deter too many folks. Aside from a few parts that are the cheapest possible construction on the base model and painted a different color on the Sport model, alloy wheels and a rear-deck spoiler, the cars are the same basic design. Mostly forged steel in an aluminum and plastic world. The standard model is built down to a price, and that really riles some people, but they make Yugo money and if any company isn't making money they won't be making anything else either for too long. There have been some rough quality issues with some base models, but any I have personal experience with Yugo took care of them, if contacted. If you have much ability it's a simple fix, and the vast majority have no problem anyway.

Still not buying it.
Lmao that's funny

Old 05-10-2012, 01:05 PM   #7

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 2

The mim in an express vs cast in wingmaster. The bolt is different. The furniture has more detail to them. The 20 ga is the only express model that comes with the laminate wood. I don't think the wingmaster comes in an composite stock.

Remington 870 12 Ga. Supermag
Springfield XDS .45acp