870 express - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Shotgun Discussion > 870 express

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-30-2012, 03:26 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 107 Times on 86 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triumphman
Sorry you don't like that little Express. I own one and think it's very good for it's price---especially having a steel receiver over Aluminum Alloy which you'll get with any other shotgun Manufacturer, and paying 3 to 5 times more. I know you mentioned Benelli, have you looked into the new Weatherby SA8? They seem to be quite reliable for a Semiauto.
Del
Yea I like the sa-08s they are nice guns. If I can't find a semi auto at a decent price I'm going to find her either a benelli nova pump or a nice used winchester 1300 pump both in 20ga of coarse. I would consider a 12ga auto because it has less recoil she shot my 12ga auto the other day and done well with it

Old 04-30-2012, 06:47 PM   #12

Liked 184 Times on 134 Posts
Likes Given: 185

I bought one a while back shot at least 700 rounds though it, my action was pretty smooth and it was a brand new 870 express. I never really had a problem with it except last duck season part of my glove got caught in the action. I loved that gun took everything from hog to goose with it, I guess it's like my dad always said no gun is the same maybe you just got a black sheep or something, mine ended up at the bottom of a pretty deep damn lake I wouldn't have traded the gun for anything. Personal opinion I would go for a nice over under if I were you, just my two cents, good luck with the shotgun shopping hope you find her something awesome!

"come on you sons of b***hs! do you want to live forever?" Sergeant Daniel Daly, USMC, Belleau Wood France June 6th 1918

"You can be as mad as a mad dog at the way things went. You could swear, curse the fates, but when it comes to the end, you have to let go" Benjamin Button

BE PREPARED

Old 04-30-2012, 07:43 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by unclebear
I bought one a while back shot at least 700 rounds though it, my action was pretty smooth and it was a brand new 870 express. I never really had a problem with it except last duck season part of my glove got caught in the action. I loved that gun took everything from hog to goose with it, I guess it's like my dad always said no gun is the same maybe you just got a black sheep or something, mine ended up at the bottom of a pretty deep damn lake I wouldn't have traded the gun for anything. Personal opinion I would go for a nice over under if I were you, just my two cents, good luck with the shotgun shopping hope you find her something awesome!
She will be doing more deer and turkey hunting with it than anything so an O/U really isn't ideal even though I would like to have a nice O/U lol

Old 04-30-2012, 11:30 PM   #14

Liked 46 Times on 31 Posts
Likes Given: 246

I agree with you 100%. Lately, they have been junk. If you can buy an older used one, I'd much rather recommend that route to people if they really want an 870. If not, I send them over to the benelli and mossberg camps.

Woe to those who make unjust laws and to those who issue oppressive decrees. -Isaiah 10:1

Blaming guns for death is like blaming forks for obesity

Old 04-30-2012, 11:42 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmaster456
I agree with you 100%. Lately, they have been junk. If you can buy an older used one, I'd much rather recommend that route to people if they really want an 870. If not, I send them over to the benelli and mossberg camps.
Yessir both are a lot better guns

Old 05-01-2012, 12:25 AM   #16

Liked 164 Times on 125 Posts

B.S. on the whole "hate Remington" theme. It easier to cheaply finish an aluminum receiver. I have looked at a lot of new Sporting 1100s and they are as well made as anything they have ever made in my opinion. Buying cheap and expecting the equivalent of a Wingmaster is nonsensical in my opinion. People are buying cheaper guns and Remington is catering to them. But, rough or no, there are so many Expresses out there working fine your argument rings hollow. I tried two, and never had any issues, but I just cannot warm up to flat finishes or plastic, from any manufacturer.

What could have happened... did.

Old 05-01-2012, 12:50 AM   #17

Liked 814 Times on 622 Posts
Likes Given: 125

I have a few Remington shotguns. None are a more recent 870 Express, nor will they be though I wish they could be. When a manufacturer starts down the path of "cheaper" versions of their main production line I won't buy either anymore so there are no new WingMasters in my future. They have squandered the name and reputation. But I'm not selling my old one's either...

Old 05-01-2012, 01:25 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Virginian
B.S. on the whole "hate Remington" theme. It easier to cheaply finish an aluminum receiver. I have looked at a lot of new Sporting 1100s and they are as well made as anything they have ever made in my opinion. Buying cheap and expecting the equivalent of a Wingmaster is nonsensical in my opinion. People are buying cheaper guns and Remington is catering to them. But, rough or no, there are so many Expresses out there working fine your argument rings hollow. I tried two, and never had any issues, but I just cannot warm up to flat finishes or plastic, from any manufacturer.
Nobody said anything about the 1100 or any other remington besides the 870 but the cheaper 1187s are made cheap like the express'....and its not like the 870s are considerable cheaper than the novas or the 500s and both of those guns are made a lot better than the 870 express' are

Old 05-01-2012, 01:28 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Virginian
Also the reason there are so many sold is bc the ppl who don't know that much about guns see remington and automatically think "that's a good gun ill buy that" or you have the die hard remington ppl who won't buy anything else

Old 05-01-2012, 02:02 AM   #20

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by akers06 View Post
Also the reason there are so many sold is bc the ppl who don't know that much about guns see remington and automatically think "that's a good gun ill buy that" or you have the die hard remington ppl who won't buy anything else
My first gun was an 870 tours why I still have one. I wouldn't say I'm diehard but in my personal experience I have had no issues with the brand. My 12 ga is either made before they went cheap but I will say 1 thing. I had my hands on a wingmaster the other day, it my 870 does seem cheap in comparison. I am going to change out the bolt when I do the new trigger plate.

Remington 870 12 Ga. Supermag
Springfield XDS .45acp