3 dot sight Mossberg
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Shotgun Discussion >

3 dot sight Mossberg

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-15-2011, 11:59 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default 3 dot sight Mossberg

For those of you that have the 3 dot sights on your Mossberg, how do you like them? I am curious if they are pretty well poa and or can they be adjusted? Also are they low enough in profile that you can ignore the rear sight and focus on the front and just use the rear as a help for those longer shots with slugs.

I have always used a bead, but am leaning toward this set up on a new mossberg, but can't find one to look at, and will have to order sight unseen.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 08-16-2011, 01:26 AM   #2
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 48 Times on 28 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fisherman74 View Post
For those of you that have the 3 dot sights on your Mossberg, how do you like them? I am curious if they are pretty well poa and or can they be adjusted? Also are they low enough in profile that you can ignore the rear sight and focus on the front and just use the rear as a help for those longer shots with slugs.

I have always used a bead, but am leaning toward this set up on a new mossberg, but can't find one to look at, and will have to order sight unseen.
For a defensive shotgun the best/fastest irons setup is a ghost ring rear and a bright fiberoptic bead up front. The BEST is a piccatiny rail with a red dot on it.