Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Shotgun Discussion > 1st shotgun

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-26-2013, 11:58 PM   #51
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 5138 Times on 2930 Posts
Likes Given: 4344

Quote:
Originally Posted by janeitzel View Post
It a shame that there are so many members that just have to barge about how wealth they are and can afford to spend money just to feel good about themselves. .

I gotta throw the bullsh!t flag here.

No one is bragging about anything. The comment was that pump weapons are popular because they're cheaper than autoloaders. That's a fact, Jack.

If someone says Chevrolets are cheaper than Cadillacs, he's not bragging, just stating simple, obvious fact.

"Politics is the art of the possible" Otto von Bismarck.

jpattersonnh Likes This 
Old 02-27-2013, 12:23 AM   #52

Liked 672 Times on 462 Posts
Likes Given: 675

Quote:
Originally Posted by janeitzel View Post
It a shame that there are so many members that just have to barge about how wealth they are and can afford to spend money just to feel good about themselves. When I was 16 I brought my first shotgun for hunting, it was a 16 gauge Mossberg bolt action because that was all I could afford. My friends all had pumps or auto loaders. I have taken many rabbits and birds with it until i could afford a nice JP Sauer. I even took a nice buck with the Mossberg even though one man with a nice Winchester 94 ridiculed me because he had the better gun and was therefore so much better than me. He finally got a doe on the last day of deer season, he shot 16 rounds, ran out of shell and hit the doe over the head and broke the stock off. Gave the Mossberg to someone for their son because he could not afford to get him a nice gun. It's impossible to enjoy this group anymore. I have learned something's from this App but some people just constantly ruin the enjoyment. I'm going to delete this app. Sorry for any typos, I'm using my cell.
I bought a Mossberg bolt 12ga slug gun at 16, same reason. Cost $60.00 new. Sold it for $120.00. Sorry I did.

Freedom is not free. The best of us always leave too soon.

Old 03-03-2013, 11:26 PM   #53

Liked 813 Times on 621 Posts
Likes Given: 125

Quote:
Originally Posted by locutus View Post
I gotta throw the bullsh!t flag here.

No one is bragging about anything. The comment was that pump weapons are popular because they're cheaper than autoloaders. That's a fact, Jack.

If someone says Chevrolets are cheaper than Cadillacs, he's not bragging, just stating simple, obvious fact.
I don't agree with this. I have more shotguns than, well, Joe Biden. Some, all used, are easily valueable enough for a downpayment on a new car. I own two (2) semi-autos now, an H&K/Benelli and a Browning Sweet Sixteen -- neither is cheap even by auto-loading standards. I do not buy or use others because they simply are not as reliable or easy to maintain as, well, pretty much all other actions. Price has never been a factor to me.

Jan, Locutus is not criticizing you in any case, just expressing an opinion though perhaps in a way that one can understand you'd take umbradge with. And FYI, my Mossberg 20 ga. bolt-action is my favorite small-game shotgun...

Last edited by HockaLouis; 03-03-2013 at 11:29 PM.

Old 03-04-2013, 04:30 PM   #54

Liked 10 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by mb315

Any idea how much it might be now?
I think they can be found around 300. Just look around a little