1st shotgun - Page 5
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Shotgun Discussion > 1st shotgun

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-25-2013, 12:34 AM   #41
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 17 Times on 15 Posts

Sure thing flamer. You da man. I bow to your superior intellect big spender!

Old 02-25-2013, 01:01 AM   #42
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 100 Times on 83 Posts
Likes Given: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by badasstruck View Post
Sure thing flamer. You da man. I bow to your superior intellect big spender!
I'm waiting for you to show me where I said I own an 870. Of course, I know that you can't because I never said I did. I said the 870 is a fantastic shotgun. Of course, nevermind it's the best selling shotgun in history, you definitely know better than the statistics. I never said there was any issue with Benelli, other than they are overly expensive for the first time shotgun owner. You in all your intelligence began a flame fest. Perhaps you should schedule a visit with Dr. Buddy Rydell?

A good plan executed today is better than a perfect plan executed at some indefinite point in the future.
- General George Patton Jr

Old 02-25-2013, 01:16 AM   #43

Liked 17 Times on 15 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneralPatton

I'm waiting for you to show me where I said I own an 870. Of course, I know that you can't because I never said I did. I said the 870 is a fantastic shotgun. Of course, nevermind it's the best selling shotgun in history, you definitely know better than the statistics. I never said there was any issue with Benelli, other than they are overly expensive for the first time shotgun owner. You in all your intelligence began a flame fest. Perhaps you should schedule a visit with Dr. Buddy Rydell?
Isnt he an entry level Dr? I never go to em....

Old 02-25-2013, 01:41 AM   #44
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 100 Times on 83 Posts
Likes Given: 42

^^^^ I don't think he got that......

A good plan executed today is better than a perfect plan executed at some indefinite point in the future.
- General George Patton Jr

Old 02-25-2013, 06:04 AM   #45

Liked 11 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by mb315
Kind of off topic but does anyone know the base price of a mossberg 500? And what is the price of the field/security combo?
I have that but synthetic. I got it new for 260 on black friday

Old 02-25-2013, 04:24 PM   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnel74

I have that but synthetic. I got it new for 260 on black friday
Any idea how much it might be now?

Old 02-26-2013, 04:17 AM   #47

Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 4

There is nothing wrong with a good pump shotgun. Either the 870 or 500 can work in many roles. A simple barrel swap and you go from HD to field. Then if your barrel has interchangable chokes your world is opened up even more.

I grew up using shotguns. Shot everything from small game to doves, duck, geese and pheasant. JMHO but a decent pump is usually more versital than a semi. It may not make in the clays game but they sure work great for putting food on the table.

Old 02-26-2013, 02:56 PM   #48
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5538 Times on 3134 Posts
Likes Given: 4818

The thing that never gets discussed in these threads is the simple fact that

PUMP ACTION SHOTGUNS ARE POPULAR BECAUSE THEY ARE CHEAP.

Pumps have no advantage over semi autos except price.

Winston Churchill

Old 02-26-2013, 07:41 PM   #49

Liked 4 Times on 2 Posts

It a shame that there are so many members that just have to barge about how wealth they are and can afford to spend money just to feel good about themselves. When I was 16 I brought my first shotgun for hunting, it was a 16 gauge Mossberg bolt action because that was all I could afford. My friends all had pumps or auto loaders. I have taken many rabbits and birds with it until i could afford a nice JP Sauer. I even took a nice buck with the Mossberg even though one man with a nice Winchester 94 ridiculed me because he had the better gun and was therefore so much better than me. He finally got a doe on the last day of deer season, he shot 16 rounds, ran out of shell and hit the doe over the head and broke the stock off. Gave the Mossberg to someone for their son because he could not afford to get him a nice gun. It's impossible to enjoy this group anymore. I have learned something's from this App but some people just constantly ruin the enjoyment. I'm going to delete this app. Sorry for any typos, I'm using my cell.

Old 02-26-2013, 07:45 PM   #50

Liked 4 Times on 2 Posts

Sorry I forgot to say I just got a Mossberg maverick nice gun and a lot of fun to shoot with the grand kids.