1st shotgun - Page 4
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > General Shotgun Discussion > 1st shotgun

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-23-2013, 10:19 PM   #31
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 5729 Times on 3242 Posts
Likes Given: 5167

Quote:
Originally Posted by Virginian View Post
There is a heck of a lot more to recoil than the cost of the gun.

Yep. I've handled and fired just about every tactical pump and semi-auto made with magnum slug and buck.

Never shot a semi auto that hurt. Never shot a pump that didn't.

Winston Churchill

Old 02-24-2013, 12:38 AM   #32

Liked 17 Times on 13 Posts

Well what purpose do you have in mind.if you want it for home defense a short barreled 12 ga pump can't be beat.if hunting then that deserves closer study.What are you hunting where and how often.small game requires a different approach.hunting dove or ducks even more
Special consideration

Old 02-24-2013, 01:01 AM   #33

Liked 813 Times on 621 Posts
Likes Given: 125

Here's the ticket...

mossberg-500-field-security-combo.jpg  

Old 02-24-2013, 09:42 PM   #34

Kind of off topic but does anyone know the base price of a mossberg 500? And what is the price of the field/security combo?

Old 02-24-2013, 09:43 PM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockaLouis
Here's the ticket...
What is the price of this??

Old 02-25-2013, 12:20 AM   #36
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 100 Times on 83 Posts
Likes Given: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by badasstruck View Post
The benellis that are over $1000 are semi autos with their inertia system. There is no difference in quality of make. I suggest you study a little more.
I guess then you work on the same mentality as the Federal Government. The lowest bidder get's the contract. You can twist and turn anything anyway you'd like, I will never own the cheapest produced version of anything from any manufacturer of any product. When you go for the least expensive, there's a reason they market it at that level. It's just like arguing Ford Lincoln and Mercury or Chevy GMC Cadillac. Yeah, they are all built on the same platform as their sibling counterparts, but they aren't the same.

A good plan executed today is better than a perfect plan executed at some indefinite point in the future.
- General George Patton Jr

Old 02-25-2013, 12:23 AM   #37

Liked 17 Times on 15 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneralPatton

I guess then you work on the same mentality as the Federal Government. The lowest bidder get's the contract. You can twist and turn anything anyway you'd like, I will never own the cheapest produced version of anything from any manufacturer of any product. When you go for the least expensive, there's a reason they market it at that level. It's just like arguing Ford Lincoln and Mercury or Chevy GMC Cadillac. Yeah, they are all built on the same platform as their sibling counterparts, but they aren't the same.
Yea....ones a semi and the other two are pumps. Isn't like they are the bargain basement models...they're two different things. Why ask questions then slam the answers?? Buy what you want pal

Old 02-25-2013, 12:26 AM   #38

Quote:
Yea....ones a semi and the other two are pumps. Isn't like they are the bargain basement models...they're two different things. Why ask questions then slam the answers?? Buy what you want pal
I didn't ask a question. I made a statement. And I'll sit right here and stand buy it. I don't buy the entry level anything. Especially when it's price point is far from other products produced for the same purpose. Call it what you want. It is what it is.

A good plan executed today is better than a perfect plan executed at some indefinite point in the future.

Old 02-25-2013, 12:29 AM   #39

Liked 17 Times on 15 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneralPatton

I didn't ask a question. I made a statement. And I'll sit right here and stand buy it. I don't buy the entry level anything. Especially when it's price point is far from other products produced for the same purpose. Call it what you want. It is what it is.
You have an 870 big spender! Fine gun, but entry level

Old 02-25-2013, 12:32 AM   #40

Quote:
You have an 870 big spender! Fine gun, but entry level
Please do use your utter intelligence and tell me where I said I had an 870? Quit being an ignorant gun snob. It shows what a real ******* is when you do