Your thoughts on the Ps90 - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion >

Your thoughts on the Ps90

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-16-2010, 01:09 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Ammo is cheaper than quality223/5.56 ammo. Remember, the ammo sold is not cheap ammo of poor quality like Wolf.

If you buy online, you can still find it for $18 or $19 a box. In the 4 years I've had mine, I have found that the availability is at many gun stores. It costs more locally, but for 1 - 2 boxes at a time, that's what I do. For 3 or more, I buy online. But, I keep a good bit on hand. I'm set even if they discontinued it tomorrow, although that won't happen.

Old 09-16-2010, 09:05 AM   #12

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by shipwreck View Post
I have my 2nd one in now

Your thoughts on the Ps90 - Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion
Damn, ship!

Get a funny "Dual-wielding" mental picture there

Quote:
Originally Posted by skullcrusher View Post
Yes, at WalMart, you can pick up a gun, ammo, ski mask and your antidepressants all in one trip. Darn convenient if you ask me...:D

Old 09-16-2010, 11:06 AM   #13

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 2

If they were full auto, then I'd have to give that a try

Old 09-23-2010, 03:59 PM   #14

I bought my first PS90 specifically for Post Apocalyptic World (zombies) type of situations. I'm not kidding. I wanted something small enough to fit in a backpack, very accurate, high capacity, low recoil, shared ammo with my side arm, and super reliable. The PS90 seemed like the perfect rifle for that "niche".

Very soon after purchasing it, it graduated from a "niche" gun to replacing my AK for all things SHTF. I've been training with this weapon for about a year now and I can tell you it will always be my first choice (along with the FiveseveN). I can go from "grey man" to full second line loadout back to "grey man" in a matter of seconds and no one would ever know.

If I can give you some advice, if you would ever consider using the PS90 for anything other than a range toy I would get the USG model, even if you want to put a different scope on it. The TR model can't support BUIS of any kind (which is why I bought the Leupold Prismatic) and you can easily take the factory optic off the USG model and put a rail in it's place. The USG factory optic isn't that bad anyhow, it's black so you can see it against light surfaces and it has tritium so it glows when against a dark background.

Gun Pron (they're going to be SBR'd very soon):

USG

TR

Old 09-23-2010, 04:38 PM   #15

I bought my first PS90 for Post Apocalyptic World (Zombies) type of scenarios. I'm not kidding. I wanted a gun that could fit in a backpack, was extremely accurate, minimal recoil, high capacity, share ammo with my sidearm, and was super reliable. I felt the PS90 was perfect for this "niche" I was trying to fill.

After I purchased the PS90 it graduated from a "niche" gun and replaced my AK for all things SHTF. It is the first gun I grab now. I've trained with it for about a year now and completely trust it. Wearing a backpack I can go from "grey man" to full second line loadout back to "grey man" in a matter of seconds.

Just to give you some advice, if you are planning on using the PS90 for anything other than plinking I would definitely get the USG model. The TR model can't support BUIS. The USG model comes with them and you can easily purchasing a rail that replaces the factory optic so you can add your own Red Dot. The factory optic isn't that bad either.

Some PS90 Pron. They will be SBR'd very soon:

USG

TR