Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > Why is te ACR "bad?"

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-15-2012, 11:11 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 13 Times on 11 Posts

Default Why is te ACR "bad?"

People want to tell me it's bad, but seem to evade telling me why...

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 11-16-2012, 12:18 AM   #2

Liked 8 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Lots of folks don't care for Bushmaster and there was a big "to do" when they first came out that alot of them had issues from the get go i.e FTF, FTE etc. Also alot did not care for the weight gain of Bushmaster's version compared to Magpul's prototype. I personally don't have much of an opinion on em other than for the price i'll stick with AR's. Cool concept though

"If guns kill people then does that mean the spoon is the reason Rosie O'Donnell is fat"

"Guns don't kill people.......People kill people"

Old 11-16-2012, 11:59 AM   #3

Liked 210 Times on 166 Posts
Likes Given: 269

For about 300 bucks less, you can get this:
http://www.hk-usa.com/civilian_products/sl86_general.asp
If you gotta have something other than an AR, HK has a better track record with regards to quality control than Bushmaster. Bushmaster is a decent AR, but they don't have anything that is worth 2700 bucks IMHO.

"Democracy is two wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for dinner.
Liberty is the well-armed lamb contesting the vote." - Benjamin Franklin

Old 11-16-2012, 05:13 PM   #4

What makes the ACR bad?

Old 11-16-2012, 06:05 PM   #5

Liked 210 Times on 166 Posts
Likes Given: 269

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsdavis4296 View Post
What makes the ACR bad?
The price. You can get a lot better cheaper. I'm not saying if you find a steal on one don't buy it, just that I wouldn't pay the suggested retail price for one. There was a recall last year because some of them were going full auto without notice, but they fixed the ones sent in, and any peice of machinery can fail. I am saying that there are similar configured firearms manufactured that are lest costly and have a better QC ratio.

"Democracy is two wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for dinner.
Liberty is the well-armed lamb contesting the vote." - Benjamin Franklin

Last edited by fsted2a; 11-16-2012 at 06:11 PM.

Old 11-16-2012, 06:24 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by fsted2a

The price. You can get a lot better cheaper. I'm not saying if you find a steal on one don't buy it, just that I wouldn't pay the suggested retail price for one. There was a recall last year because some of them were going full auto without notice, but they fixed the ones sent in, and any peice of machinery can fail. I am saying that there are similar configured firearms manufactured that are lest costly and have a better QC ratio.
I agree completely. I'm not buying one, but I want to see the opinion of others, as so many people hate it.

Thanks for answering!

Old 11-16-2012, 06:47 PM   #7
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 224 Times on 124 Posts
Likes Given: 439

Ok I am a big Remmington fan, but since freedom arms bought them they have had recall after recall. And this is with almost all their guns! The ACR was no exception, when they first came out they had many bugs. Like failure to fire and failure to extract. The biggest one was they had a few cases where they became run away guns, as in the would burst or go full auto! That is a big safty no no. So in my opinion any company that would release should a major hyped gun with so many poblems needs to take a look at how it does business. I would just stick with a Colt AR, fires the same round, proven performer and is cheaper. Also parts are more available. If you want to go exotic look at the HK's and the Scar 16 and 17. There are many options out there that wont land you in trouble with the range for going full auto!

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."
--George Washington

Old 11-16-2012, 07:56 PM   #8

Right now I am looking at:

Sig 556
Ruger SR556
Fn Fs2000
Robinson Arms XCR
HK SL8-6

Old 11-16-2012, 07:58 PM   #9

But I would very much like to find a reason to buy an ACR

Old 11-17-2012, 07:11 PM   #10

Liked 949 Times on 671 Posts
Likes Given: 942

Quote:
Originally Posted by fsted2a View Post
For about 300 bucks less, you can get this:
http://www.hk-usa.com/civilian_products/sl86_general.asp
If you gotta have something other than an AR, HK has a better track record with regards to quality control than Bushmaster. Bushmaster is a decent AR, but they don't have anything that is worth 2700 bucks IMHO.

bsdavis4296, no evasion here! No deception, just the plain truth!

Great answer as usual, fsted2a...

______
The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together. You'll remember the quality of a gun long after you forget how much you paid for it.