Why So Few Bullpups? - Page 6
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > Why So Few Bullpups?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-11-2013, 07:55 PM   #51
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 40 Times on 33 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by unholykatalyst View Post
Anyone who has purchased the IWI have anything to say about the trigger? I've heard it has about a 12lb pull. I got to hold one at the local store and being only 5'8 the thing felt great holding it.
I don't have a gauge, but I don't think its any where near 12lbs, maybe like 6 or 7. There is a guy over at the Bullpup forums, that is working on a replacement trigger pack, with a pull around 3-4 lbs.

This issue off trigger pull is blown out of proportion. The Tavor is a CQ weapon. Not designed to be a tack driver @ 300 yards. Most people are reporting a 3-4" MOA @ 100 yards. That's good enough for me. If I needed to shoot somebody at that distance, he wouldn't be walking any more.

Old 07-11-2013, 08:11 PM   #52

I already have an ar platform I plan on keeping for longer range shots. Will be updating my aimpoint soon with a vortex viper scope. I love the look of the tavor and know it has a proper niche and I am ok with that. But if you check out YouTube videos there is a guy who shows the pull weight. There trigger mechanism has two springs brining the pull to 11.5lbs. He shows how to remove one but the gun reportedly has problems with the bolt reset sometimes.

Old 07-25-2013, 12:12 AM   #53

Liked 11 Times on 10 Posts

there's really nothing ambidextrous about the Aug. If you try to fire it from the 'wrong side" shoulder (ie, properly using cover to the other side for which the bolt and receiver are set up) you'll have to eat a lot of hot brass. :-) The backup iron sights are not adjustable, so they are likely to make you miss a man at 25 yds or more. The trigger pull sucks, and can't be fixed, as far as I can see. the sight reticles I have seen aint much for precision, and I've seen no provision for a night scope, laser designator, or luminous iron sights. So I call it quite inferior to the AR, actually

Old 08-03-2013, 01:57 AM   #54

Liked 638 Times on 385 Posts
Likes Given: 12

A company called RatWorx USA is building enhanced trigger packs and bolts that use AR-15 parts to address some of the issues of the AUG/MSAR. An AR is supperior at distance IMO, but that's not where AUGs are best suited. I think they are best suited to urban/cqb combat engagements. In that respect, with a few upgrades, they shine.

I own both, but still prefer the AR for general use. If I'm inside a structure(my house), I prefer the MSAR bc of its compactness. Hiking in the woods, I'll take the AR every time.

Old 08-03-2013, 01:59 AM   #55

Oh, forgot this. There are "brass busters" for the AUG/MSAR, but I just don't trust them. Hot brass between my teeth doesn't sound too pleasant so I only fire from my right shoulder.

Old 08-05-2013, 10:51 PM   #56
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 758 Times on 508 Posts
Likes Given: 49

Better off going thru the process to get a sbr ar I rhino in the end it's cheaper and more practical than a bullpup

this message was sent using my Barrett 50 straight to your brain.

Old 08-05-2013, 10:56 PM   #57
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Think not rhino stupid autocorrect

Old 08-06-2013, 05:04 AM   #58

My prob with the SBR ARs is that they don't burn all the powder and are really loud in a sub 14.5" barrel. If I SBRd an AR it would be in 300Blk bc the round was designed to perform in super short barrels.

I don't currently own any NFA, of course as money permits I will. I got a really sweet deal on a MSAR and didn't have to file paperwork and wait for a year while still getting an SBR sized package.

I still don't understand why there are so few bull pups in the US. I have friends who have multiple ARs of the same caliber and say they want another one. I would rather get another platform to master and have fun with before buying essentially the same weapon over again. I don't ever think BPs will be popular in the US.

Old 08-06-2013, 01:24 PM   #59
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

I'm hoping for a civilian version mp7 or a kac pdw I'm just not a big fan of bullpups most of the foreign soldiers who I worked with in Iraq who carried them hated them

Old 08-06-2013, 02:07 PM   #60

Liked 2512 Times on 1433 Posts
Likes Given: 1958

The inexpensive ones have sloppy linkages, and they

are 1100 $, 1200 $.

The ones with the better linkages are

prohibitively expensive. Which, IMHO, cuts directly

to the heart of "Why so few?".

CQB, can be successfully accomplished with a pistol.

The way I see it, the bull-pup is a leading edge design,

still in it's infancy. It begs refinement to become a dependable,

mainstreamed, go-to weapon. Much like digital watches or

computers, as it gets better, it will also get cheaper.

Last edited by therewolf; 08-06-2013 at 02:14 PM.