Why So Few Bullpups? - Page 5
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > Why So Few Bullpups?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-27-2013, 01:00 AM   #41
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 638 Times on 385 Posts
Likes Given: 12

Man, that TAR is SWEET!!! After buying my Stg-556 I've been on a bullpup kick. A Tavor will prob be my next purchase.

Old 04-29-2013, 08:11 PM   #42

Liked 40 Times on 33 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShagNasty1001 View Post
I sir, am extremely jealous. How'd you become of it and if you don't mind, what was the cost?
Like myself and everybody else, everybody wants one of these. When it was first announced, IWI set a MSRP of $1795, Earlier this year they change it to $1995. I bid many times on GB to get one, but I set limits on how much I'll pay (in this case $2200). I even told my dealer to order one and I would pay the premium for this weapon. I ended up running into a guy that ordered one 1 year ago and it came in. Problem was he took the money from their House purchase fund. Wife went ballistic - he wanted to keep it, but divorce was too expensive. So I made him an offer he couldn't turn down $2150. I'm happy and so is his wife.

Old 04-29-2013, 08:16 PM   #43

Liked 460 Times on 267 Posts
Likes Given: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by anm2_man

Like myself and everybody else, everybody wants one of these. When it was first announced, IWI set a MSRP of $1795, Earlier this year they change it to $1995. I bid many times on GB to get one, but I set limits on how much I'll pay (in this case $2200). I even told my dealer to order one and I would pay the premium for this weapon. I ended up running into a guy that ordered one 1 year ago and it came in. Problem was he took the money from their House purchase fund. Wife went ballistic - he wanted to keep it, but divorce was too expensive. So I made him an offer he couldn't turn down $2150. I'm happy and so is his wife.
That's not too bad of a price for being brand new and with the crap going on. I'm hoping to pick one up by the end of summer

Old 04-29-2013, 09:17 PM   #44

Liked 1131 Times on 736 Posts
Likes Given: 2021

Quote:
Originally Posted by anm2_man View Post
Wanted to keep this thread going. I finally took possession of an IWI Tavor. Range report will be coming soon.

Im interested in knowing what you truly think about it , hows the trigger feel? , if changing mags is odd ? IS the charging handle smooth or firm to pull on ?
I tried to get my hands on one of these from a dealer when they came in stock but I missed it due to having a CCW class and could not get on the cell horn to get the deal done maybe next go around

And Dictators Prefer Unarmed Citizens

Old 04-30-2013, 05:55 PM   #45

Liked 68 Times on 64 Posts

.22LR L85/SA80 using a Marlin 60

Old 04-30-2013, 06:01 PM   #46

Liked 9 Times on 8 Posts

theres one of those iwi's in my lgs for $2099

Old 05-03-2013, 04:42 PM   #47

Liked 40 Times on 33 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by purehavoc View Post
Im interested in knowing what you truly think about it , hows the trigger feel? , if changing mags is odd ? IS the charging handle smooth or firm to pull on ?
I tried to get my hands on one of these from a dealer when they came in stock but I missed it due to having a CCW class and could not get on the cell horn to get the deal done maybe next go around
I took the Tavor out for a test run yesterday. I factory sites were way off. Took quite a few rounds to get it zeroed in. Beyond that the weapon functioned perfectly. I really like the way it throws the brass in a 3 foot circle. Easy to pick up spent cases. The trigger is OK. There is linkage and it can be felt. Mag changing is easy as this is a real drop free magwell, they drop right out. The charging handle is easy to pull and its free ie its not connected to the bolt. If you lock the bolt open, the charging handle returns to its ready position.

Overall a great weapon !

Old 05-05-2013, 06:58 AM   #48

Liked 8 Times on 7 Posts

I hope to buy one myself if the price ever drops or if I got 2g's to play with, love it so much it's my pic for this forum, my friend got to play with all those nice weapons while he was a IDF and UN Security too, he wants one too after I showed him the pics and specs, he's states side and has the AR like most of us.

SA XD-40 V10 (Ported) 40 S&W
New Frontier Stripped Lower
RRA LPK (Lower parts kit)
More to come....

"Don't thik of it as 'Gun Control', think of it as "Victim disarmament". If we make enough laws, we can ALL be criminals".

Old 05-05-2013, 07:00 AM   #49

Liked 460 Times on 267 Posts
Likes Given: 22

I got to hold one at the local gun show today. Had me sold the moment I touched it. If I had the 2k they were asking at the time, I'd of bought it right then

image-160131868.jpg  

Old 07-10-2013, 04:40 PM   #50

Anyone who has purchased the IWI have anything to say about the trigger? I've heard it has about a 12lb pull. I got to hold one at the local store and being only 5'8 the thing felt great holding it.