Why So Few Bullpups? - Page 11
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > Why So Few Bullpups?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-28-2013, 01:16 PM   #101
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 3449 Times on 2372 Posts
Likes Given: 1687

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1911love View Post
Is the field stripping similar to an AUG? Trigger pack comes out the back and a pin unhooks the upper front half along with the BCG?
The BCG is removed through the back door (the butt pad is hinged). Trigger &sear are two separate modules, they go out the bottom. It is basically all compartments, no upper or lower.

Old 12-28-2013, 04:06 PM   #102

Liked 644 Times on 389 Posts
Likes Given: 12

Thanks Mercator.

Old 12-28-2013, 06:32 PM   #103
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Just finished at the range with an M21. Certainly a trade off. I did not experienced a washout, but the BUS was there to cowitness. I sighted it in for 50, and as the ballistic curve says it was spot on at 200. Hearing that steel gong made my day. The rifle is expensive but at least you know you can get your money back if need be.

Old 12-28-2013, 07:52 PM   #104

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercator View Post
Just finished at the range with an M21. Certainly a trade off. I did not experienced a washout, but the BUS was there to cowitness. I sighted it in for 50, and as the ballistic curve says it was spot on at 200. Hearing that steel gong made my day. The rifle is expensive but at least you know you can get your money back if need be.
Did you shoot from shade/darkness into a sunny/bright target/background? That was the only scenario where I experienced washout.

What did you pay for your M21 and what reticle did you get? Mine was the "x" reticle.

Old 12-28-2013, 08:12 PM   #105
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1911love View Post
Did you shoot from shade/darkness into a sunny/bright target/background? That was the only scenario where I experienced washout.

What did you pay for your M21 and what reticle did you get? Mine was the "x" reticle.
Mine has a good size amber triangle. I was in the shade, and the morning sun was in by back. My guess it's another trade off cause the triangle isn't the most precise of the dots. It practically cost me $400 but I've been a regular at the shop.

Old 12-28-2013, 08:36 PM   #106

Maybe they've made improvements to the M21, I got mine a year ago. Glad to hear it's working out for you, especially since it's the optic that's supposed to be on the TAR.

I really like the QD mount that comes on it. I read in the manual that the mount is calibrated to the optic at the factory. I've never seen that on another optic. Post some pics please when you get a chance.

Old 12-30-2013, 10:06 PM   #107

Liked 44 Times on 37 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSGN_Doc View Post
Who here has a Tavor? I have a couple of questions that I would like answered honestly (With photo back-up would be great.) I've owned one for about 9 months now. I put atleast 1k rounds thru it. I could be a seasoned Tavor owner

How is the trigger, really? I'm not a trigger expert. Over the years I've had 2 AR + 1 M16 + AC556. All guns have different triggers. Now since the BullPup has linkage to the trigger, it does have some slop. If you shot 1 shot in an AR then went to the Tavor, yes you would notice a difference. But if you went right back to the AR, you would probably miss. Its what you get used to.

How bad is the gas from the operationg system, being so close to the face? Over a 3 day period (at a MG Shoot) I put 700 rounds thru my Tavor. Nobody said I had a Tavor cheek. If your shooting a right handed Tavor left handed, then yes you will have grunge on your cheek Has any one tried it with a supressor, to find out how much worse the gas may get, wih the proximity of the gas tube and piston to the face? I'm not into suppressors. So I have no experience.

What kind of accuracy are you really getting at 50 yds, 2" - good enough for me 100yds,I only have a Red Dot on this weapon, 100yds is tough for my old eyes, but I did a test and was able to keep the rounds within 5". I'm happy with that 300 yds Never tested (if tested that far)? What type of sights, or optics have you used to get good accuracy from? I've been using a Sightmark. Not one of the High dollar ones

Has anyone run one through a three gun match, and how did it handle with less leverage and forward mass for muzzle control, (target to target control and shot to shot control)? Have not done any 3 gun matches. But I think it would work well. The only down side that I see is that "You really have to get your cheek down onto the weapon to quickly focus on the sight whereas on a AR, the sight is much higher than the stock, so it requires less concentration in making sure you are sighted in.

I'm not a bullpup fan, but am curious to get some feedback on these questions. I read som typical posts on 1MOA and 2 MOA groups, while others say that with a red dot and the trigger weight, they could barely get 4MOA. Others say they felt the gun was a bit tougher to push, target to target wihtout the muzzle wandering in drills. So, just curious.
In summary - I think the long piston gas system allows you to put many more rounds down range with out having to clean it. Due to the gas system, you can use just about any ammo with no issues. Its also very short even though it has a 16" barrel (Ie: Mine) like and AR SBR.

I also have a RFB. The gas system sucks. It needs to be reset for every different round that I want to shoot. Its clean, but its a short piston gas system, and requires constant adjustment. The Tavor doesnot and shoot any kind of ammo.

JMHO
Old 12-30-2013, 10:10 PM   #108

Liked 44 Times on 37 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by therewolf View Post
The question was "why so few bullpups?"

The answer: Because most folks will suffer the expense

of an AR, (for instance, since YOU brought it up) where

they won't risk the higher cost of a bullpup.

I did my own research, and you can do your own, too.

GET USED TO IT. I'm done the part of my life where I

fetch, like a dog, for others.
Your comments are not worthy of a Response.

Old 12-31-2013, 03:19 PM   #109

Default Sweet & sour

Many of these discussions start out sweet and end up sour.
Different people have different ideas and, I guess, that upsets some people!

A discussion should be just that. Doesn't mean one person is right and the other wrong.

I = personally = love my bull pups but I also like my SCARs, ARs and whatever.

Don't see a reason to agree, or disagree, just enjoy the DISCUSSION !

Old 12-31-2013, 05:48 PM   #110

Birdman:

What BPs do you own?