Why American need to own assault weapons - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > Why American need to own assault weapons

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-12-2013, 03:53 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 57 Times on 51 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottybaccus
Careful guys. You are starting to make jokes about shooting at other Americans.

We are entitled to high capacity magazines because any limitations result in us being outgunned by adversaries in the role of self defense already affirmed under the 2nd Ammendment by the Supreme Court, AND it would have us outgunned by any other enemies, foreign or domestic. Whether cartels, street thugs or misguided police and soldiers executing illegal orders under bad legislation, we should not be impaired in our ability to defend our own lives.
The best real world example of this is seen in videos of the L.A. riots where store owners stood on their rooftops defending their stores against the mobs. Enough said. limitations on capacity = infringement!
While I can appreciate the need to not joke about shooting Anyone, you go on to say how we need the capacity to defend ourselves against ,, actually more Americans.
When fighting against a infantry,, never really crossed my mind that they were American, , in my hypothetical post, they were Canadian invaders...
Im not sure until your post any Americans were mentioned,, or street thugs, police, cartels..

Old 01-13-2013, 03:14 AM   #12

Liked 8 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 7

The title of the thread inferred Americans. I merely expanded thinking on the question with my own answer, sans humor.

Right now, there isn't much to be ammused about. While usually hillarious, the ineptitude of those that now dispute our need of anything more potent than a butter knife has become quite concerning. I'll laugh again when Pelosi, Reid, Feinstein and Obama are dethroned. Biden doesn't worry me. he goes whatever way the wind blows.

Old 01-13-2013, 03:30 AM   #13

Liked 3021 Times on 1805 Posts
Likes Given: 2040

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottybaccus View Post
Careful guys. You are starting to make jokes about shooting at other Americans.

We are entitled to high capacity magazines because any limitations result in us being outgunned by adversaries in the role of self defense already affirmed under the 2nd Ammendment by the Supreme Court, AND it would have us outgunned by any other enemies, foreign or domestic. Whether cartels, street thugs or misguided police and soldiers executing illegal orders under bad legislation, we should not be impaired in our ability to defend our own lives.
The best real world example of this is seen in videos of the L.A. riots where store owners stood on their rooftops defending their stores against the mobs. Enough said. limitations on capacity = infringement!
i've always thought if all local law enforcement and national guard were willing to limit themselves to the "assault weapon ban", i could easily be swayed to as well.

i mean after all, cops in europe don't even carry guns.

Old 01-13-2013, 03:37 AM   #14

Liked 3021 Times on 1805 Posts
Likes Given: 2040

as for a NEED to own...(i didn't watch your video)....people don't NEED to own much of anything.

people don't NEED fast cars. people don't NEED alcohol. people don't NEED 80% of what they own, eat, or drink.

but there are uses for AR-15's. they are popular in varmit hunting and competition shooting. but they are no more NEEDED than a beer. the thing is, nobody is going after beer...its too popular with the mainstream, thus not evil enough.

Old 01-13-2013, 04:45 AM   #15

Liked 1026 Times on 722 Posts
Likes Given: 1023

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkguy View Post
i've always thought if all local law enforcement and national guard were willing to limit themselves to the "assault weapon ban", i could easily be swayed to as well.

Do you think criminals will limit themselves too?

______
The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together. You'll remember the quality of a gun long after you forget how much you paid for it.

Old 01-14-2013, 02:53 AM   #16

Liked 57 Times on 51 Posts
Likes Given: 2

You'll be wishing we were kidding when the Canuck invaders get here.......

Old 01-14-2013, 03:20 AM   #17

Liked 367 Times on 222 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bear304inc View Post
Their verbage is not accidental, but well orchestrated and intentionally misleading

the average person on the street thinks the AR-15 you can buy at your local store & the full auto military M16 are the same gun, no one in the media has bothered to set that straight which i'm sure thats intentional too. hell i honestly didn't know till about 10 years ago that there were semi auto AK 47's out there. wasn't till i saw one in a gun shop & asked about that i was finally set straight.

it's standard politics at work, you don't give the whole story, just filter out the opposing side so your view is the only one they can see.

All I've had today is like 6 gummi bears & some scotch

Old 01-14-2013, 05:13 AM   #18

Liked 97 Times on 68 Posts
Likes Given: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkguy
Huh?

French police officers with handguns

German police officers with handguns
Old 01-14-2013, 05:24 AM   #19

Liked 33 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 23

My vote is ban the 30 rnd. Either make em 20 rnd or 40 rnd. That way you don't have to split the boxes up. You either load one box or two. Dang, tin hat fell off AGAIN

Old 01-14-2013, 01:35 PM   #20

Liked 45 Times on 27 Posts
Likes Given: 106

The Bobbie's also started carrying hand guns just a very few years after the British ban.
Apparently the criminals never turned in their guns, (who would have guessed) and only went out and got even more heavily armed on in the EU black market.
So as a result the British Bobby which they were so proud of never having been armed with guns, well that tradition died along with their citizens right to self defense.