Where are you guys finding these M14/M1A's?
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > Where are you guys finding these M14/M1A's?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-08-2010, 05:03 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 23 Times on 11 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Default Where are you guys finding these M14/M1A's?

I noticed some of you here own numerous M1A's and a lot of you own at least one. I don't think all of you are paying the $1500 plus that Springfield is selling them for and Norinco doesn't import them into the USA. Is there a secret handshake that I don't know about?

I'm not saying I am going to go out and buy one right now(unless I maybe got a PM from someone who might have one too many), but before I got into AR's I was looking hard for one and I gave up.

Now I come here and they're everywhere.

"A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise and independence to the mind. Games played with the ball, and others of that nature, are too violent for the body and stamp no character on the mind. Let your gun therefore be your constant companion of your walks."
Thomas Jefferson
From the great speaker...er uh Barak Obongo

"Liberals make great proctologists. They're the only ones who truly know what the inside of an anus looks like."~me

Last edited by DarinCraft; 02-08-2010 at 05:14 AM.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 02-08-2010, 06:22 AM   #2

Liked 355 Times on 200 Posts
Likes Given: 292

If I had to guess, I would say that most of them were purchased some time ago when the prices weren't as high as today's MSRP.

I bought my Super-Match back in the mid-90's but even then it was well over the $1500 mark. After Bill Klinton came along, everybody snatched up everything they could, while they could. I guess that showed Springfield they were letting them go too cheap eh? Fast forward to today's economy...

GalleryofGuns.com - Gun Genie

Old 02-08-2010, 06:49 AM   #3

Liked 311 Times on 207 Posts
Likes Given: 27

I acquired 2 of them in the late 1970's, they are older late 50's early 60's suplus varients, and the one I shoot now I acquired in the mid 1990's. And NO! I didnt pay any where near the prices they are asking for them now. The only one I have up and running now is the SAI I bought in the 90's. The other two earlier SA varients will be rebuilt when I can part with the funds to do so.

The M1A is probably the most fun rifle I've shot over the years.

Old 02-08-2010, 01:28 PM   #4
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5648 Times on 2952 Posts
Likes Given: 372

used to have a norinco i bought for cheap in the late 80's early 90's cannnot remember exactly. sold it less than a year later. too heavy a rifle for my tastes to lug through the woods for the round it shoots. the M1A/M14 is another one fo those guns i never understood the fascination for. its too big and clumsy for what it is.

a lot fot he guns of that type are what people bought eons ago before the gun bans and just kept em or inherited em from friends or family. i cant imagine paying the current prices for one when there are better cheaper designs out there for the .308

Old 02-09-2010, 12:41 AM   #5

Liked 46 Times on 28 Posts

I think my M1A SA Loaded set me back about $1,600 a few years back...

Money well spent.

Old 02-09-2010, 03:29 AM   #6

Liked 6 Times on 4 Posts

I see them often in gun shops now and they aren't cheap. I have two NM rifles that were $1800 plus and a standard that went for $1500 (including 10mags, ammo and scope and TSA mount). All are completely accurized to the tee.