Where Can I Purchase a Barrel Shroud?
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > Where Can I Purchase a Barrel Shroud?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-10-2009, 03:58 AM   #1
JLz
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Where Can I Purchase a Barrel Shroud?

I'm looking for one of these Barrel shroud's for my Mini14:

All the website's I've seen so far are either sold out or only carry the nickel version. Does anyone know where I can buy a black one???

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 03-11-2009, 04:45 PM   #2
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 2691 Times on 1405 Posts
Likes Given: 216

I don't know where to get one but look up John Mason. I believe he still makes some Ruger accessories. And, no offense intended. Just not my bag.

Last edited by matt g; 03-11-2009 at 05:51 PM.

Old 03-11-2009, 06:19 PM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts

I can appreciate your desire to customize something that you own, however, barrel shrouds are a point of contention for the antis. They've been named on many occasions as an "evil" feature that turn our sport rifles into baby and nun killing objects of destruction.

If the rifle sees frequent range use, I'd suggest that you forgo the barrel shroud, as it serves no real purpose on a Mini 14. We have an up hill struggle before us and if we want to keep our sports utility rifles, we need to do all that we can to keep them from looking "evil" to those that seek to strip us of them.

Just my 2 cents.

If your heart is set on one, you can find them, in stock, here: Mini-14/M14 Accessories

"'Did you ever wonder why we had to run for shelter when the promise of a brave new world unfurled beneath a clear blue sky? "
Roger Waters

Vote freedom, join the Libertarian Party.

Old 03-11-2009, 06:25 PM   #4

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3478 Times on 1609 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

JLz - Welcome to the Forum

You can always purchase the stainless one and Gun Kote it. It's a spray on type of "paint" that can then be baked in the oven to give you the look you are going for.

I have to agree with Matt however that this one item is definitely on the high marks of the anti-gunners "key list of things to complain about" and it doesn't offer much in the way of performance to your weapon.

JD