What's happening to other "black' rifles? - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > What's happening to other "black' rifles?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-30-2012, 04:32 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 20 Times on 18 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Can't say for sure in a model-by-model rundown, but every "LGS" that I've visited over the past 2 weeks has been decimated of "EBRs" - including Min-14s.

I did actually find one shop that had a high-end Colt LE-something, a sporty SAIGA in 762x39, a sporty SAIGA in .308, plus a couple Springfield M1As. They were also selling aluminum "GI" AR 30rd mags for $30.00, and 30rd PMAGs or $30.00-$50.00 depending on window or generations.

Speaking of Mini-14s - if you have an old Mini series 181 that you would be willing to do a FTF-only trade for a minty sporty SAIGA 7.62x39 in West PA - please PM me.

In a victim nation, a classroom full of dead children is morally superior to a teacher holding a smoking gun knowing she just protected her students.

Old 12-30-2012, 06:04 AM   #12
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1175 Times on 510 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

Mini's will be on the list.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 12-31-2012, 06:26 PM   #13

Liked 29 Times on 26 Posts
Likes Given: 112

As much as I'd like to think any new AWB that's being discussed won't have an effect on them, I seriously believe even classic western style firearms like revolvers and lever guns will eventually be on the chopping block if it passes. As soon as gun control groups get a ban on hi-cap rifles and pistols, the next step will be a ban on pumps, levers and revolvers since we all know a good shot - like Jerry Miculek or Lucas McCain from The Rifleman - can accurately shoot a pump or revolver as quickly (or quicker) than 99% of us shoot a semi-auto rifle or pistol.

The ultimate goal of hardcore gun control advocates is to turn the U.S. into another Australia and Great Britain. Essentially, only single shot or double barreled shotguns and possibly bolt action rifles will be allowed for the common citizen. Sadly, in the example of GB it won't stop with firearms. While it's a tired old saying, the sad truth is when we outlaw guns, only the outlaws will have the guns!

Last edited by rachilders; 01-01-2013 at 03:04 AM.

Old 01-01-2013, 03:18 AM   #14

Liked 20 Times on 18 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by rachilders View Post
As much as I'd like to think any new AWB that's being discussed won't have an effect on them, I seriously believe even classic western style firearms like revolvers and lever guns will eventually be on the chopping block if it passes. As soon as gun control groups get a ban on hi-cap rifles and pistols, the next step will be a ban on pumps, levers and revolvers since we all know a good shot - like Jerry Miculek or Lucas McCain from The Rifleman - can accurately shoot a pump or revolver as quickly (or quicker) than 99% of us shoot a semi-auto rifle or pistol.

The ultimate goal of hardcore gun control advocates is to turn the U.S. into another Australia and Great Britain. Essentially, only single shot or double barreled shotguns and possibly bolt action rifles will be allowed for the common citizen. Sadly, in the example of GB it won't stop with firearms. While it's a tired old saying, the sad truth is when we outlaw guns, only the outlaws will have the guns!
Absolutely true. They will take the position that "we wouldn't have robberies if guns were not so concealable".
Your SAA will only be legal with an 8" bbl. And nothing smaller than a 1911.

In a victim nation, a classroom full of dead children is morally superior to a teacher holding a smoking gun knowing she just protected her students.