whats better- fn-fal or m14
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > whats better- fn-fal or m14

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-13-2009, 12:51 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default whats better- fn-fal or m14

i prefer the fn-fal but i would like to get a second opinion.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 03-13-2009, 01:30 AM   #2

It's not the weapon it's the shooter....and ill take mine in M-14 if these are the only choice's.....

Old 03-13-2009, 02:30 AM   #3

Liked 311 Times on 207 Posts
Likes Given: 27

M1A/M14 My choice.

Old 03-13-2009, 02:53 AM   #4

Liked 32 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 45

I am a fan of the FAL (and have owned several), but it does not compare to the M14.

Both are durable and reliable, but the M14 is more accurate and has much better sights and trigger.

Either one will serve well, though.

Old 03-13-2009, 03:15 AM   #5

Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts

The FN-FAL all the way.

By design the FN will be easier to get back on target quickly after firing a round off.

The stock M14 has a normal sporting rifle style grip for your firing hand. That is where the M14 will pivot during recoil which will result in higher muzzle jump.

The FN has the pistol grip style. This changes the grip angle and how the barrel lies in relation to the grip. Recoil of pistol grip rifles are more straight back, versus up and down. That was one of the original reasons the M16 was chosen as a replacement to the M14.

That's my reasoning. Either choice will do the job. They are both really good weapons.

Old 03-13-2009, 03:18 AM   #6
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1175 Times on 510 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

Having owned both, my choice is the M14 or M1A.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 03-13-2009, 04:17 PM   #7
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts

M14 without question. Smith Enterprise, Inc.

"'Did you ever wonder why we had to run for shelter when the promise of a brave new world unfurled beneath a clear blue sky? "
Roger Waters

Vote freedom, join the Libertarian Party.

Old 03-13-2009, 05:05 PM   #8

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3479 Times on 1609 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt g View Post
M14 without question. Smith Enterprise, Inc.
Will you just buy the god damn thing and get it over with?! This constant courtship of yours is clearly getting out of hand.

27 threads with the same gun posted - this is as bad as you and Ineff over your pistol... LOL

Once you get it THEN you can expound of it's virtues.. not before then...

JD

Old 03-13-2009, 05:20 PM   #9
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillinger View Post
Will you just buy the god damn thing and get it over with?! This constant courtship of yours is clearly getting out of hand.

27 threads with the same gun posted - this is as bad as you and Ineff over your pistol... LOL

Once you get it THEN you can expound of it's virtues.. not before then...

JD
I'm sitting on the deposit now. I'm going to wait until I get home from this hitch to order, so I can pay them all in one shot. Living on the road and working 14+ hours a day makes getting a hold of people like that difficult.

They are the official supplier and rebuilder to the US Armed Forces. They also have a lot of patented parts and processes that set their rifles well apart from everything else.

Recently, Army snipers used suppressed SEI M14s to outshoot their SR-25/M110s both suppressed and unsuppressed.

To the OP, please post your new threads in the proper section, rather than the section that corresponds to your screen name. This thread has nothing to do with any sort of SKS/AK/clone.

"'Did you ever wonder why we had to run for shelter when the promise of a brave new world unfurled beneath a clear blue sky? "
Roger Waters

Vote freedom, join the Libertarian Party.

Old 03-13-2009, 05:22 PM   #10

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3479 Times on 1609 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt g View Post
They are the official supplier and rebuilder to the US Armed Forces. They also have a lot of patented parts and processes that set their rifles well apart from everything else.

Recently, Army snipers used suppressed SEI M14s to outshoot their SR-25/M110s both suppressed and unsuppressed.
Again. You purchase, you test, you post a range report. Then you get to talk them up in multiple threads all over the forum. Until then, you are just a fanboy....

JD