Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f25/)
-   -   whats better- fn-fal or m14 (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f25/whats-better-fn-fal-m14-11805/)

tantalfan 03-13-2009 12:51 AM

whats better- fn-fal or m14

i prefer the fn-fal but i would like to get a second opinion.

Kill-Zone 03-13-2009 01:30 AM

It's not the weapon it's the shooter....and ill take mine in M-14 if these are the only choice's.....

mrm14 03-13-2009 02:30 AM

M1A/M14 My choice.

M14sRock 03-13-2009 02:53 AM

I am a fan of the FAL (and have owned several), but it does not compare to the M14.

Both are durable and reliable, but the M14 is more accurate and has much better sights and trigger.

Either one will serve well, though.

SGT-MILLER 03-13-2009 03:15 AM

The FN-FAL all the way.

By design the FN will be easier to get back on target quickly after firing a round off.

The stock M14 has a normal sporting rifle style grip for your firing hand. That is where the M14 will pivot during recoil which will result in higher muzzle jump.

The FN has the pistol grip style. This changes the grip angle and how the barrel lies in relation to the grip. Recoil of pistol grip rifles are more straight back, versus up and down. That was one of the original reasons the M16 was chosen as a replacement to the M14.

That's my reasoning. Either choice will do the job. They are both really good weapons.

CA357 03-13-2009 03:18 AM

Having owned both, my choice is the M14 or M1A.

matt g 03-13-2009 04:17 PM

M14 without question. Smith Enterprise, Inc.

Dillinger 03-13-2009 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by matt g (Post 81890)
M14 without question. Smith Enterprise, Inc.

Will you just buy the god damn thing and get it over with?! This constant courtship of yours is clearly getting out of hand. :D

27 threads with the same gun posted - this is as bad as you and Ineff over your pistol... LOL

Once you get it THEN you can expound of it's virtues.. not before then...:cool:

JD

matt g 03-13-2009 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dillinger (Post 81921)
Will you just buy the god damn thing and get it over with?! This constant courtship of yours is clearly getting out of hand. :D

27 threads with the same gun posted - this is as bad as you and Ineff over your pistol... LOL

Once you get it THEN you can expound of it's virtues.. not before then...:cool:

JD

I'm sitting on the deposit now. I'm going to wait until I get home from this hitch to order, so I can pay them all in one shot. Living on the road and working 14+ hours a day makes getting a hold of people like that difficult.

They are the official supplier and rebuilder to the US Armed Forces. They also have a lot of patented parts and processes that set their rifles well apart from everything else.

Recently, Army snipers used suppressed SEI M14s to outshoot their SR-25/M110s both suppressed and unsuppressed.

To the OP, please post your new threads in the proper section, rather than the section that corresponds to your screen name. This thread has nothing to do with any sort of SKS/AK/clone.

Dillinger 03-13-2009 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by matt g (Post 81928)
They are the official supplier and rebuilder to the US Armed Forces. They also have a lot of patented parts and processes that set their rifles well apart from everything else.

Recently, Army snipers used suppressed SEI M14s to outshoot their SR-25/M110s both suppressed and unsuppressed.

Again. You purchase, you test, you post a range report. Then you get to talk them up in multiple threads all over the forum. Until then, you are just a fanboy.... :D

JD