What is the modern day militia rifle? - Page 10
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > What is the modern day militia rifle?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-27-2011, 07:19 PM   #91
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 87 Times on 67 Posts

NO, FYI the "state militia" is a group of people (non-miltary) that supposed to take over the state armories in the event of the current ng's abscence for whatever reason.

the national guard is CONCIDERED as the state's militia, but the "state militia" is as i stated above.

see National Guard of the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

i challenge you to educate yourself.

Old 06-27-2011, 07:26 PM   #92
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5733 Times on 3359 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Quote:
Originally Posted by sniper762 View Post
duh...........modern day militia IS the military
Quote:
the state militia is its national guard
Quote:
NO, FYI the "state militia" is a group of people (non-miltary) that supposed to take over the state armories in the event of the current ng's abscence for whatever reason.

the national guard is CONCIDERED as the state's militia, but the "state militia" is as i stated above.

see National Guard of the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

i challenge you to educate yourself.
I give up on this thread.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Old 06-27-2011, 10:12 PM   #93

Liked 190 Times on 129 Posts
Likes Given: 89

DUDE!!!!! You're killing me, sniper762!

How many terms here can you possibly be getting lost in? "state" and "militia" are being used here in ways that you apparently cannot comprehend. You are being totally obtuse! And I don't mean an angle greater than 90 degrees.

Perhaps this thread is lost...

EDIT: No I cannot let one thing go. By your definition of the "well-regulated militia" as ensconsed in the Second Amendment, nobody other than National Guard members of one of the 50 states should be allowed access to firearms. BAH!!!! Why are you even spending time in this forum?

2 Chron. 7:14 Christians must seek His face

Last edited by CHLChris; 06-27-2011 at 10:14 PM.

Old 06-27-2011, 11:11 PM   #94

Likes Given: 2

Geez, I go to work for 10 hours and the whole thread goes to hell........

The real question is....does everyone like my wall-o-fun picture?

“Freedom is something that dies unless it's used” -HST

"In a nation ruled by swine, all pigs are upwardly mobile—and the rest of us are F###ed until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. We owe that to ourselves and our crippled self-image as something better than a nation of panicked sheep."-HST

Old 06-28-2011, 12:10 AM   #95

Liked 87 Times on 67 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by chlchris View Post
dude!!!!! You're killing me, sniper762!

How many terms here can you possibly be getting lost in? "state" and "militia" are being used here in ways that you apparently cannot comprehend. You are being totally obtuse! And i don't mean an angle greater than 90 degrees.

Perhaps this thread is lost...

Edit: No i cannot let one thing go. By your definition of the "well-regulated militia" as ensconsed in the second amendment, nobody other than national guard members of one of the 50 states should be allowed access to firearms. Bah!!!! Why are you even spending time in this forum?
wow you are quick to perceive negatively and misinterpret. When the 2nd amendment was written, "the people", us were the militia. It pertained to us. No national guard existed. Read my previous link and you might learn.

Old 06-28-2011, 12:28 AM   #96
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2570 Times on 1256 Posts
Likes Given: 1290

The sad thing is there are no California compliant AR-15s that would be worth a tinker for a militia type rifle application due to the requirement on magazine design and reloading. Of course if the SHTF who cares about California law. We will fight to defend our rights our country and our freedom.

Old 06-28-2011, 12:48 AM   #97

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3479 Times on 1609 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Quote:
Originally Posted by cddbrowns View Post
What is the highest caliber you can build the AR-15 into? I am curious myself on this one.
Highest caliber??

If by highest you mean the largest "caliber" round it would probably be the .50 Beowulf. There are also several other big, magnum style caliber rounds that could be built on the stock AR-15 Lower such as:

.458 SOCOM
.450 Bushmaster
.499 LW

Rounds like that, all of which are more specialty, designed purpose rounds, like for hog hunting.

Now, if you don't value your life as much as I value mine, you can certainly buy an upper that fires the true .50 BMG round. I would recommend against it, but it is an option, though this is a bolt action upper and not a semi auto.

The limits to the AR platform are really only those of your imagination because they really are the ultimate home hobby kit when it comes to rifle platforms.

Old 06-28-2011, 01:30 AM   #98

Liked 10 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Ok, so forgive me because I know that I'm not American, but I just want to interject on the argument going on there.

I'm pretty sure that both sides are just misinterpreting each other because of the use of words that have multiple meanings.

Eg. Militia could mean a member of a militia movement, citizens in general who are taking up arms, reserve military forces (as in Canada), State militias (National Guard) etc.

So, just to settle this down because I like the thread: a .AR-15 as Sniper said could be considered a viable militia weapon (militia being the people or milita movement members). WHY: its a solid platform, easily available, lots of ammo is available even to civilians, reasonable range, and many people have experience using it. Amongst many other reasons. It is a modern rifle and fits the role for militia purposes.

NOW: that doesn't make it the only viable choice. I personally believe that a larger caliber rifle (in .308) is better because it allows the gun to be multipurpose as a battle rifle, medium sniper, and hunting weapon. If a force can only invest resources sparcely a large caliber rifle is more flexible.

Ak's are great for an untrained force due to their simplicity and power, but I feel that most people desire more accuracy and ammo conservation. The Ak is spray and pray. It'll do in a pinch if necessary, but if a force can prepare and train ahead of time, why not go with something that can be used better?

So. Sniper et al. You are all correct and entitled to your opinions, and I am not sure why the thread took that detour. Eh!

"Government is not the solution to our problem. Government is the problem."
- Ronald Reagan

Formerly we suffered from crimes; now we suffer from laws.
- Publius Cornelius Tacitus

"We are the people that we have been waiting for."
-Unknown-

"No Compromise"
Canada's National Firearms Association

Old 06-28-2011, 06:03 AM   #99

Liked 190 Times on 129 Posts
Likes Given: 89

True, since you bring up .308 instead 7.62, it makes me wonder about your thoughts on that matter. What platform would be good in .308? There are box-fed bolt-action .308 rifles out there. Is that what you are thinking, or something semi-auto? What system would fit that bill?

2 Chron. 7:14 Christians must seek His face

Old 06-28-2011, 09:37 PM   #100

Liked 10 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHLChris View Post
True, since you bring up .308 instead 7.62, it makes me wonder about your thoughts on that matter. What platform would be good in .308? There are box-fed bolt-action .308 rifles out there. Is that what you are thinking, or something semi-auto? What system would fit that bill?
Good question, and I may not be the best person to ask, but I'll give it a shot. (pun!)

Note: I use the term .308 and 7.62*51 interchangeably, .308 is easier to type. I was not making a point for choosing a civilian gun versus a military one. Since either cartridge will work I leave the choice up to the user.

If you are with a group of people who are intending to work together then I would suggest a mix of semi-auto and bolt-action guns. Semis for their higher rate of fire and then the bolts' as dedicated sniper platforms. A plus is that the bolts could act as section level weapons to make the groups armament more diverse, but still allow for shared ammo between all members.

Common choices could be an M1a1 (yes you all saw that coming!) I would then suggest a box-fed bolt action rifle - choice left up to others since my experience with these guns is very limited. If you aren't into tactical stuff then any integral mag/single shot hunting rifle will do.

Feel free to disagree with me or add other platform and brands/models I'd be interesting in knowing what other options are out there!

"Government is not the solution to our problem. Government is the problem."
- Ronald Reagan

Formerly we suffered from crimes; now we suffer from laws.
- Publius Cornelius Tacitus

"We are the people that we have been waiting for."
-Unknown-

"No Compromise"
Canada's National Firearms Association