Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > What do you know about Cerokote

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-04-2013, 06:19 AM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by PIRATECAPTAIN
Sweet that is cheap I will keep you in mind! What do you charge for an AR barrel and upper and lower?
40$ a piece, and I usually have about 1-4 day turn arounds maybe a week at most when I'm swamped, and depending on how many parts

Old 06-05-2013, 03:11 AM   #22

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by fsdwes
Here's a few pictures of some cerakoting I've done

It's an awesome product. I've done duracoat also and I like the cerakote MUCH better

The prep work is basically the same, and it's a little more pricy and requires an oven to cure, but I like the results much better

Also I've painted barrels, and used micro slick on my glock barrel and it works great!

It cleans up very nice too
How hard was it doing it yourself and was it worth it versus having a shop do it?
Old 06-05-2013, 06:36 AM   #23

Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by isalil

How hard was it doing it yourself and was it worth it versus having a shop do it?
Not very hard at all, just as long as you take your time with the prep work, make sure it's sandblasted, and degreased and everything

And also make sure all your mixtures are correct and you bake the parts at the right temp for the full amount of time

And I've never had it done at a shop, I practiced on all mine and my friends guns and then started getting a lot of orders sent in word of mouth and now I'm painting everyday like a mad man!
Old 06-05-2013, 05:58 PM   #24

Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 14

Does anyone know if you can spray a layer let it dry for a few minutes then spray snother layer without baking in between?

Old 06-05-2013, 09:01 PM   #25

Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclark1
Does anyone know if you can spray a layer let it dry for a few minutes then spray snother layer without baking in between?
It won't dry all the way, just as long as you don't touch it it will be ok

Are you wanting to put stencils on?

Old 06-06-2013, 06:26 AM   #26

Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by fsdwes View Post
It won't dry all the way, just as long as you don't touch it it will be ok

Are you wanting to put stencils on?
Yes I was thinking I could spray a cote then peel off a layer and re spray. Are there special stencils or can you just use cut tape?

Old 06-07-2013, 12:14 AM   #27

Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts

Working on making my own blasting cabinate. Its made out of scrap peices of plywood found throughout my shop and is honestly a piece of crap but if it holds in my media im happy. Ive got to make the front door with the window, holes for gloves shopvac hose and the blasting gun, and wire in a light.

20130606_190742.jpg  

Old 06-22-2013, 06:53 PM   #28

Default Compressor for sand blasting

[QUOTE=bclark1;1266848]Oh well I have an air compressor already will any air compressor work?

You need a compressor which can deliver a fair volume of air at the rated pressure. Most small air compressors cant do it. So unless you are already have a sand blasting cabinet all set up. propbalby a whole lot cheaper to pay some one to do the cerakoting for you.